or Connect

Posts by Robes of Executiveness

I assume it's the same for all clothing or bespoke tailoring in the UK to take 2 weeks vacation for Christmas. My order for a waistcoat from Bookster is on order and it states on their site 8-10wks due to backorders from the holiday, normally 6-8wks. My 1st order from CJ took 3/4wks to arrive, had the order corrected due to miscommunication and 3wks later the other pair arrived, for hand traced machine sewn. Through it all they replied within 1 day as another poster...
Check out fantasywaistcoats in the UK. They can send samples of colors you're interested in. I have a bronze sample that I'll have made into a proper stiff interlined ascot at a local place.
Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilia Saved lots of $$$ on duty via Royal Mail rather than the US outlet. Between 6 and 8 days is the norm. This one was ordered Dec 8th and was signed for by Canada Post Dec 12. And now it sits in Canada Customs. As the email from Canada Post CS says 'they have the legal right to hold as long as they see fit'. As such, it's been sitting there for 13 days. Understanding this is a busy time of the year, it is still so...
Quote: Originally Posted by Siggy "the crooked man". The scene where Holmes, and Watson are in the Army officers office. He states he's only interested in the case pr military matters as it relates as being a favor to someone. Another series worth watching is Murder Rooms Dark beginnings of Sherlock Holmes.
Got the replacement pair, and both are side/side. They're buttery smooth and smell even better. One pair is darker grey than the other. Unlined chamois. Outside seams VS inside seams. Inside fit really tight and look much better, while outside seams feel smooth while the hand is in the glove, but I don't like the lumpy look.
Quote: Originally Posted by tc6 Nice car, that's probably my favorite SUV after the G-Class IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of...
Mine came with the same stitching and button, but in frigate grey chamois. Very soft sort of suede . But I don't like the outside type of stitching and had them make me another pair with the seams hidden on the inside of the glove. Can't stand anything other than a smooth look. Still waiting to get them before the 20th.
Found the review, while searching for the A6 2.7T, he on a Cayenne now. http://www.kenrockwell.com/bmw/540.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by Alias For my needs (and my wallet's needs), a normal manual transmission suits me fine. That's the other point, less complicated, easier to fix/upgrade(older Audi suto can't handle much above 350/400ftlb for people who go stage 3 with the twin turbo), and no damn routine fluid changes. Lifetime fluid my ass.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas0302 Does anyone here own an Audi TT? Are the maintenance and repair costs much that bad? Depends what year and engine. Check out the vwvortex.com forums, Call the dealer and ask about maint. costs for each engine. Not sure on the TT side, but know the timing belt job for the 3.0L far outweighs all other engines, 4.2, 2.7, 1.8. But I think the TT only came with 1.8, 2.0, 3.2 now. For the Volvo 300HP, I think...