or Connect

Posts by lance konami

Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire You're killing me kid. But thanks for verifying it's about emoting for you, not thinking. It explains just about everything. I don't ignore emotions, they're older than our thinking brains. Only ignorant, simple minded fools such as yourself would dismiss emotions, which does indeed, explain why it's so easy to push you around.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire You see, there's the problem. Most of us think about our positions vs. feeling about them. I don't think you should be speaking for everyone. Not everyone is the same non-feeling, sociopathic wavelength as you are.
Quote: This thread is dumb (beond the obvious reasons) becuase you don't clarify where these trials are going to take place. What's illegal in international law is different from whats illegal in our country. I don't have to clarify where the trials will take place. This isn't about specifics regarding a trial that will never happen in reality anyway. It's about how people feel about the question itself, and it's been quite illuminating to see how...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Right there. Full stop. Applies to all his threads. Although, this one did lack the Lance signature opening post of.."all you conservative morons here..." He's slipping already. Signature opening post? It was only one thread where I opened with that. But then again, you've never been known for your honesty, have you?
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe was reagan ever tried for his policies in your country? why is bush so important? He was the most recent. If I had things my way, all past presidents involved in war crimes should be held accountable, democrat or republican. Put Clinton on trial too. You have to start somewhere. We've already set a terrible precedent by not holding them accountable in the past, we should start now to really "change" the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Lance, you have not shown that Bush had any criminal actions. What crimes are there to be held responsible for? No one should have to spoon feed you information that has been widely available for years. Figure it out yourself, if you have anything remotely resembling a conscience.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Very, very weak argument Lance. First, it is written from the POV of a UN action. Heck, if we had to adhere to the complete ineffectiveness of the UN then we are all doomed. You guys sure didn't have a problem using UN resolutions as excuses to invade Iraq. Quote: Second, it ignores the repeated infractions of UN resolutions and their inability to promote safety. Oh, wait...I...
Question for the anti-trial-ers. How else are we as a country going to ever elect better quality politicians if we have such a lackadaisical attitude towards holding them responsible for their actions?
Quite a good article, few years old. rach2jlc - You may find this interesting. http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/38604/ "A Nuremberg chief prosecutor says there is a case for trying Bush for the 'supreme crime against humanity, an illegal war of aggression against a sovereign nation." The extent to which American exceptionalism is embedded in the national psyche is awesome to behold. While the United States is a country like any other, its citizens no more special...
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc An investigation and a trial are two different things. Which one are you wanting here? Yeah, I personally want a trial, but I'd be happy with a proper investigation.