or Connect

Posts by lance konami

Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles That website points out that people doing this tend to lose a lot of weight, including a lot of lean muscle tissue. Definitely not a positive in my book. Prolonged restriction without resistance training of some kind may lead to a loss of lean muscle tissue. If you're going to do intermittent fasting, it's best if you're on some kind of regular lifting program. If you are lifting and fasting, you won't...
Lots of scientifically confirmed benefits for calorie restriction. Here, let me google that for you.
That's pretty much everyone's fear. No it actually does not affect your metabolism and you won't lose muscle mass as long as you are doing some sort of resistance training. (Intermittent fasting that is.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Seanallen "Screw tradition, its a lifestyle!" Oh man, I just saw that. Can someone just drop this clown off a building or something?
Detox = Total Bullshit. Your body is very good at detoxifying itself already as it is. But there are lots of positive benefits to fasting. I've done a 3 day water only fast and it was brutal. Sucked bawlz. There was no way I could get past 3 days. Intermittent fasting is much better and incredibly easy.
Quote: Originally Posted by js4design as much as other things are up for debate, and even the exact amount of protein can be disputed, i thought the need for protein to gain lean mass was already pretty well accepted, and while i haven't done intense research i know in my experience this has been the case. i think a lot of people here would disagree with there being "no evidence" linking increased protein intake with an increase in lean muscle...
Quote: Originally Posted by hamish5178 To open up a whole new can of worms, what about the BS "calcium" propganda? You'll get calcium from veggies like broccoli, and without all the fat and sugar.
Quote: Originally Posted by PolePosition What would the impact of taking a slow digesting protein before bed be, if I'm trying to lose fat. Should I not eat before bed so that my body will catabolize during sleep and hope that it is fat that is being burned, or should I take casein or something similar so that my body will hopefully build lean muscle mass during sleep....I currently do not eat or take any supplements past my 7-8PM dinner...
some ugly ass jackets up in this thread for real tho
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek Meh. Never undestood why some people think you always have to have music on in the background, especially something as lame as "sexytime" music. Quote: Originally Posted by Invicta Or it can horribly horribly wrong like the time I went home with this chick and put on my Random 90's playlist and "Perfect" by Smashing Pumpkins came on (I know, STFU). Well she stiffens up and starts crying...