or Connect

Posts by JAlfredPrufrock

Yeah, when I lived in Florida I would walk to work everyday, which was about a mile or so. Going that distance on concrete beats up a shoe. Now that I'm back in Ohio my shoes get less of a beating. I'm not sure what I am going to do to protect them from the show though. Rubber oversoles I guess.
Quote: Originally Posted by hth2002 JAlfredPrufrock, Do your other dress shoes receive the same amount of wear and have the same problems? What brands are they? I am curious about this problem also. I just purchased AEs last month. Yeah, my other shoes receive about the same amount of wear. I have a pair of Ralph Lauren Rivington (older than the McClains. Used to receive more wear, but not so much anymore), a pair of AE Evanston (only...
PM sent. Like I said, I've always been impressed with AE's customer service and their commitment to their product. I really appreciate it.
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy 2-3 times a week over 50 some weeks can be a decent amount of wear, depending on how much you walk and how much stress you put on the shoes; not surprised something might give. How does the ball of the sole feel? If the heel is falling off, I might just take them to a local cobbler. Honestly, the shoe feels fine, and the leather is breaking in/holding up nicely. The rest of the sole is in good shape...
A friend of mine had a real bad experience with a pair of AE Clifton's a few months back, and I just shrugged it off as an anomaly. The little section of rubber on the heel began lifting (or falling, i suppose) off the sole of the shoe after a few days of wear. He, of course, sent them back and they "repaired" the shoes, which only lasted another few days. Eventually they just gave up and told him to pick a new pair of shoes that are comparable in price. While the...
I was hoping the expertise within this forum could help me out. I'm looking for a new iron. I've done some research on the past ironing threads and I have some questions. Gravity Feed versus Boilerplate First of all, what do these terms even mean? Do I buy one of two things separately (I'm thinking a relevant analog might be buying a PA head to go with a half stack) then purchase the iron? What are the costs and benefits to each. It seems that Gravity Feed irons...
http://pipeline.refinery29.com/stree...rtorialist.php Sorry if this has already been posted. I thought it was funny.
Ug, this would be perfect for me, if only offered a few months from now! (current cash flow/moving/new job problem)
Thanks Mr. Magoo, your reply has assuaged some of my fears. Also, I'm glad this thread is staying alive. Always nice to see some support for the struggling city I love.
So, How's their shoe selection? The website says they carry EG and JL, which would be awesome. The hermes thing kinda throws me off a bit (IDK, hermes always seemed too foppish for my tastes), but the list of brands carried is impressive....