or Connect

Posts by SwedishFish

Swedish and thus biased, but Fjällräven produces excellent quality stuff. Never been disappointed with anything from them and I have three backpacks and two jackets. I use their Greenland wax on all my stuff from them, as well as on canvas sneakers for added water protection.
Agreed. Especially if you usually have a difficult time finding clothes in your size. I find that a lot of Ralph Lauren stockists carry predominantly medium to large size range clothes where I live; thus if I find stuff (besides the ubiquitous embroidered pony crap) in size small or 36R, I move on it right away because it will be gone next time I go.Also, do make sure to register your email when you check out. The other day I received a 30% discount voucher to their outlet...
Casual shirts can be worn untucked but if you own shirts 'made for tucking' then by all means tuck them in. Tucked in shirts is by no means being dressed up, untucked formal shirts, however, look messy and ridiculous (see every sloppy-looking Apple executive at their keynotes—tucking in would make all the difference). I would recommend incorporating shirt jackets and more country-rugged, but still traditional menswear as a starting point. Consider outerwear such as...
Of course, an attractive person, which generally assumes an attractive body, will look better in anything than an unattractive person wearing the most exquisite clothes. As for myself, I am naturally very skinny. I would probably benefit from a bit more muscle to look better, but at the end of the day, I am content with being this way, it is convenient since it requires little or no work, and when I work out I generally prefer cardio over lifting/gym training anyway. To...
I have bought a few solid-colour wool ties from the brand 'Pierre van Buck' at my local traditional men's outfitter. Generally, they carry awfully outdated garments, but these ties are fantastic. They make incredible knots, a perfect tapering from 3" to 1.5" at the collar (if measured flat), and best of all, >£20 at full retail. Such a great, low-key everyday tie. The only problem is that they are long, but I get them shortened by 4.5" to fit me. Anyone else with any...
The full windsor is too much, in my opinion. The half Windsor on the other hand is really versatile. I find that a slightly asymmetrical half Windsor works best for me (as, unfortunately, my torso is too short to get a good length doing a four in hand—always turn out too long with most ties). A well-done, slightly asymmetrical half windsor with a nonchalant 'dimple' works great for most collars. My trick—if it can be called that—is to tie tightly. Especially important, in...
Thanks. Awful website but great jackets indeed. The one I like on that site is priced quite a bit higher though. How I hate being constrained by money... :S
Yeah, I have been trying on actual 'vintage' jackets but the problem there has always been the fit. I think I want a 'fashion jacket' because I am skinny and narrow enough that anything too utilitarian looks big and boxy, which feels awkward. I'm not a hipster in the sense that the jacket has to be authentic, I just want something that fits well and looks good; but within reason obviously considering price, etc. I do want to get a black leather jacket as well, but for that...
Picked up what turned out to be this PRL jacket from TK Maxx (the UK/EU TJ Maxx) online for £499 (supposedly marked down from £1495). Since TK Maxx doesn't properly label their RL merchandise presumably on RL's orders, the jacket was marked only as 'Ralph Lauren Brown Leather Jacket' hence why I hoped for RRL considering the supposed retail price: http://www.tkmaxx.com/jackets+coats/brown-leather-jacket/invt/29253373 Anyway, initially I was disappointed due to potential...
I love everything about this. I think you just convinced me to buy a pair of brown suede captoes and put a folded hem on my recently purchased, unhemmed RLBL grey flannel trousers.