or Connect

Posts by SwedishFish

Ugh, my sympathies are with the OP. I am losing my hair strand by strand. I tried propecia but it had a significant impact on my libido, which I didn't think would be a big problem until it struck. It seems like this side effect is more common than doctors imply. I use rogaine at this point. I have no hope of ever having a full head of hair again, but maintaining what I have foe as long as possible would be nice. It just sucks that I have gone from being someone who...
Quote: Originally Posted by Macallan Ralph Lauren at Bicester Village, £55; they have offers for multiple purchases (i.e. 2 for £90) The bus to Bicester stops 20m from my house so I've been there a number of times, but I've only ever found RL shirts with the embroidered logo at that price point. I should have added in my first post that I cannot deal with visible logos. Plus, those RL outlet shirts are not slim enough imo.
Quote: Originally Posted by alliswell The English don't wear oxford cloth, button down collars or barrel cuffs. If you want to continue to dress a l'Americaine, you're going to have to import. Otherwise make friends with TM Lewin. There is always Ralph Lauren, which is ridiculously overpriced here. I feel very comfortable with my style and I do not intend to change it (been building my current wardrobe since prep school, so it would be a...
Quote: Originally Posted by fox81 they have brooks brothers in the UK, but i just use moderntailor.com I am aware of this, but they are not very well stocked and the one that is somewhat local to where I live does not stock the extra slim fit shirts (maybe an occasional shirt now and then, but it is impossible to get hold of them, particularly in my size). I should check out moderntailor, thanks for the advice.
As the title implies, I am shirt shopping in the UK (moved here from the US) and I am finding it incredibly difficult locating decent Oxford broadcloth shirts, button down collar shirts and barrel cuff shirts, especially if you want shirts that encompass all of the above. If you also want slim fitting shirts that fit the description, these do not seem to exist. Finding good value formal shirts/dress shirts here is easy, french cuff shirts abound, but there is little love...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Totally. Slaving away for a faceless corporation for a "good name" on your resume = xxxtreme ballin' points. I don't know where you worked, but when I last revised my resume I definitely downplayed my finance internship due to the recent public resentment of the industry. Since I only did the internship for resume crafting purposes (never even wanted to go into finance), I kind of feel it was a waste of...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles I think I spent the $10,000 I made from my banking internship on taxis, blow, and alcohol. And foods. And suits. And shirts. And alcohol and blow. I was left with about $1500 when I finished. So you really bought into the Wall St. lifestyle . I absolutely hated my finance internship and I am pissed that the company I worked for is still doing ok. However, I hear my division is getting outsourced to...
Finance and energy. Basically: most Fortune 100 companies apply one internship salary rate across the board, which means you will earn the same regardless of what work you do. The finance internship I had was pure shit in terms of the work, but I still got paid the same as the m&a interns in the company. The energy one was much better but the same applies: as a social scientist I earned the same as the engineering students even though I was doing work that was outside the...
It's too late to apply for paid internships, but I can verify that they often pay very handsomely. I had two of them in college (both with Fortune 50 corporations) and each paid more than $10,000 for 11 weeks. One actually paid close to $15k.
F**k! Why do I always miss the Incotex sales in my size? So annoyed right now. This is like the third time it has happened this week.