or Connect

Posts by youngScholar

I showed some friends Bronson last night, and we followed it up with Commando.
I think you need to do more to explain the first bolded point. You seem to be conflating having a particular credential and being an intellectual. What anti-intellectualism there is in American society - and there is a lot - has much to do with the overall culture and institutional framework within which people live and not whether someone has a cool piece of paper on their wall. What is the difference - other than age and debt - between a barista who actively reads and...
There's a good article in the NYT regarding on how the MA is the new BA: Link
I read some of these articles a while ago, and they crushed me. If I attend a PhD school, it will either be after I become wealthy, or insanely desperate. From what I've been reading, the bullshit economics of grad school cover law school as well (which crushes me yet again). I suppose I'll have to stop at my MA for now (if I even manage to finish that!)
Anyone else dig the New Belgium Abbey ale? Good stuff.
Portable: little Yamaha somethings I picked up for 30 bucks Portable and Home: Sennheiser HD280 Pros (nearly 10 years old!) Home: Grado SR 225
Thank you all. I had a great time, and am sorry to be leaving the city (sort of). San Francisco is the first large city I have ever lived in, and the meetups and get-togethers I've had through the forum have made living here a very enjoyable experience. I've been places and met people - especially the people! - I never would have encountered under any other circumstances, and I am very grateful for the privilege. I will let folks know the next time I'm in town.
If the above is the actual mask they are going to use, then it's terrible. The character's actual mask is basically just cloth.
I had a vague idea, but no. It wasn't too surprising.
That stuff is amazing.Sipping on some Anchor Porter right now.