or Connect

Posts by juuceman

do you like tasting menus?? do you enjoy three hour long meals served over five to nine courses?? do you want to sit in a relatively quiet and somewhat boring room, surrounded by a mostly older (generally late 40's and way up) kind of crowd?? do you really want to spend $300 on a meal like this?? or more appropriately, does she?? if so, then go ahead.. and yes, you should wear a jacket to the rear room at gramercy tavern.. if not, and if you're not...
Tia Pol; Boqueria, Casa Mono and Baj Jamon are the usual contenders. They're also all but impossible to get into on the weekend, Casa Mono takes reservations and is more of a sit down 'normal' restaurant than the others. Boqueria might, or might only for larger groups. Tia Pol reserves for six or more. Less obvious responses include El Cid (one of the original tapas spots), Oliva, on Houston, La Paella (the old 9th street standby, there since the '70's) and one can...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC Lupa must have changed then. That was where they'd send you if you couldn't walk in to Babbo or Otto. I've been eating at Lupa for seven or eight years now, and while the popularity has been steadily increasing, it's always been that way if you wanted a reservation, 30 days to the numerical date. The Open Table innovation is recent, and if anything has made it more annoying. Walking in is completely...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba what i call Italian is Italian American, what you call Italian is Italian from Italy. My family comes from Brooklyn, and Red Sauce, will always be Authentic Italian to me. This is my family's restaurant in NYC: http://www.frescobyscotto.com/ That's odd, I've never thought of Fresco as a red sauce joint. They've always seemed to take more pride in the ingredients. Your Scopa outlet on 28th...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC Do you mean you CAN make them 30 days in advance? I wasn't under the impression that you HAD to. The book opens 30 days out. If you'd like to eat dinner there at a time other than 5:30 or 6 PM, you need to make a reservation on the day that it opens up. While there are quirks and variations on this, consistently you're not going to be able to get in without being on the phone at 10 am 30 days...
Lupa requires reservations made 30 days out. It is now on OpenTable. You can also walk in, with a wait of generally between 30 and 90 minutes.
I have a Schlesinger Partner Brief Bag. I'm told that Atlas is no longer being produced, or that there was extremely limited availability. I like the bag, the leather quality is great, and the lock is actually pretty heavy duty.
1 - Daniel's is the bagel place on 3rd Avenue and 37th Street. They have great bagels but couldn't give a shit if you wear a suit. 2 - If you're going to Daniel, flagship restaurant of Daniel Boulud in New York, you should wear a suit. You should keep your jacket on. They'll ask you to replace it or leave should you remove it. 3 - You're likely to spend ~$500 for dinner between you and your companion. If you can afford to spend this much on dinner, you should be able...
are you going to work afterward? if not, what would you wear if you had to go to City Hall/the recorder of deeds/records? Weat that.
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 I consider it a pretty big red flag when a tailor is not transparent and upfront about pricing, tries to upsell me on more items or more expensive fabrics, tries to talk me out of a superior construction method because it is not "necessary," or delivers something other than what I ordered as is not immediately willing to fix it. In my very limited experience with these kinds of outfits, they deliver sub-par items that...