or Connect

Posts by juuceman

ride the bicycles that are parked outside of every metro station; try and have lunch at Cafe des Musee..
The prime beef used in restaurants that even use prime is solidly below that which used to be graded as prime. The number of steakhouses nationwide claiming to use prime, and their need to be able to consistently source beef, has driven the degradation of the USDA prime designation. Cows just don't produce enough truly prime beef to satisfy the demand. Beyond that, I prefer my beef to be dry aged. Wet aged beef makes me sad. It has none of the mineral taste of well...
Patagonia merino wool baselayer items (both long underwear and top in either turtleneck or mock-zip). Patagonia wool socks. Mid-layer fleece top, generally as tight as possible and with a zipper. Then a light outer layer for waterproofness and windproofness. The point is that you want the wool, which wicks away moisture, as close and tight to your body as possible. It'll keep you warm even when it gets wet, and it will pass the moisture to the fleece, which will...
Ssam has the Milk Bar, right next door (between 2nd and 3rd Avenue). It's where you'll wait for your table if you go near prime time. They serve the buns there. Walk in, wait three minutes on line, and order two buns. Enjoy them, then leave. That's pretty much the highlight of a meal at Ssam, although their fish and crudo dishes are pretty good, and the rice noodles with kimchee and sausage (Asian Bolognese sauce) will blow you away. If you eat a full meal here...
G-Star regularly has one or two slim fitting overcoats each season. I have a very heavy wool overcoat that I regularly wear over a suit to Federal court, etc.
without reading all of the replies, my thought on this has always been that it's supposed to look like everyone woke up and decided to wear a tuxedo, without all looking identical.
Quote: Originally Posted by stormin10 Louis Vuitton sold, to a friend who works at the LV store in dallas northpark mall, so yes they were real... You're probably full of shit. Retail on sunglasses is 2 - 3 x wholesale. Employee discount is at least 30%+ off retail. When I worked in an optical, it was 50%+ off.
Quote: Originally Posted by RPMcMurphy Hit up the Madison store yesterday, was told could be 'months' before they get in Whiskey, and don't even bother with Cigar because you'll never find them... so...I bought them in Cigar from shoe mart on the way out of the store. Shame, I like the AE's cordovan color, but was really 'meh' on the quality. (I know I know, lots of AE hate, just sayin') Alden on Madison has one pair of Whiskey long...
I've had them make five suits for me. The first suit was too large overall; the second needed slight tweaks. The next three are fine. $899 is getting into higher level fabric from them.
I own the J Crew Aldrige Linen Suit in Navy from a season or two ago. It's fine and wears a bit warmer than you might think. It's held up and I wear it once a week or so in NYC summers. I'm an attorney and it's fine for casual meetings and/or Fridays when I'm heading out later in the evening. For a sub-$500 suit, it's fine. I think that I'd prefer it half-lined, but I'm unsure about how it would drape.