or Connect

Posts by juuceman

often, while things are kept off the floor, they're available to anyone who either knows what they're looking for, or who asks.. Prada in NYC has a room where all of the bags are kept.. if you look like halfway normal they'll take you there upon request.. Miu Miu will show you bags and shoes that aren't kept on the floor upon request..
Ramon, a tailor on the LES on Orchard, or nearby, will do MTM CMT for $300.. unsure of the house style, he's done a decent amount of basic tailoring for me at dirt cheap prices over the last six or eight months.. all work done in house, one week turnaround..
This is a somewhat common practice, especially at higher end cleaners here in New York City. The practice is literally hundreds of years old. While I understand the issues that the op has as he wished to give the shirts as a gift after laundering them (which I believe would make them no less returnable than having the laundry marks places upon them) I think the original poster and many of the responses over react to the cleaner's making the laundry marks.
a friend had a few shirts made up by them - awful and he wound up bringing them to another tailor to deal with the fit..
Quote: Tiffany's history with watches is unusual.  At various times in their history, up until the present, they've slapped their name on Pateks, VC's, and others, and retailed them out of their bigger stores.  A few years ago they had a lot of success with a stylish and inexpensive line of women's quartz watches, which they promptly discontinued to try to move further upmarket with their current offerings.  I have no idea how the current stuff is selling,...
two ways to do it without overdoing it- casually i'd wear the velvet jacket over jeans.. formally i'd wear a bit more tailored of a velvet jacket with a pair of tuxedo pants.. at most of the younger benefits this past winter, there were one or two people wearing this outfit.. nice look- a bit more casual than a full on tux, but a much more distinctive look..
Quote: If you do a search on the forum, you might hit on some testimonials/advice on hemming jeans; it's come up a lot lately. People have mentioned that you can keep the original hem. I have not done this - I dunno who's qualified, willing, or how much it costs. My tailor - who's nothing special - has done a fine job on mine, but I've never asked him to maintain a hem. there's a few dry cleaning shop tailors in soho and tribeca (probably everyone...
Quote: If you do a search on the forum, you might hit on some testimonials/advice on hemming jeans; it's come up a lot lately. People have mentioned that you can keep the original hem. I have not done this - I dunno who's qualified, willing, or how much it costs. My tailor - who's nothing special - has done a fine job on mine, but I've never asked him to maintain a hem. there's a few dry cleaning shop tailors in soho and tribeca (probably everyone...
Quote: Mack, thanks for the input.  How are Ramon and Wilfred?  Will they do out of the ordinary alterations?  Can you give me some price point examples?  It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan I've used Wilfred for a year or two, since right after they moved onto 23rd and i've been pretty happy with them.. they're a full service tailor shop and will do everything from the basic hems on up to custom fully canvassed suits at an entry point...
Joseph's Cleaners, on the Upper East Side of Manhattan charged a bit more than anyone else, but their policy was that if you received a shirt with a broken button, your cleaning was free for the remainder of the month.. never had a problem with them.. Green Cleaners, on 22nd off of Park, and to whom I've recently switched, recently replaced all the brittle buttons on one of my shirts, even putting two replacement buttons on the bottom of the shirt, without charge or...