or Connect

Posts by juuceman

Check out Jason Marhsall, the Jazz musician. He posts here and on Ask Andy and his homepage has some interesting photos of him. I believe he's worked though from a 3 button down to a one button with peak lapels. I do like the idea of the peak lapel sport coat and can see it in a more casual suit, ideally in a midnight navy to be worn at night. It's generally outside of the scope of classic men's wear though..
This is one of Alden's orthopedic Foot Balance shoes. Model 588 is made of Alpine Grain Calfskin on the Modified Last. This shoe is an 11E, however, fits somewhat larger given the nature of the modified last and of the E width.
Quote: Originally Posted by ter1413 do NOT do grinaldi's!! it's an overrated tourist location. of you are in bklyn and want some quality brick oven pizza, walk a few blocks from grimaldi's onto court street and find sam's steak/chops/pizza. old school italian spot with MUCH better pizza w/o the half hour wait! does Sam's have a brick oven? regardless, they've been my go to for the last year or so since I gave up on dealing with Lucali's...
i've had eight suits made by hemrajani brothers / mytailor.com i've kept the first suit to have something to wear in heavy rain/nasty winter weather; i had it made in a very heavy wool in their least expensive category to see how the pattern fit me; i edited from there and had pattern made in both flannels and lighter weight fabrics am generally very happy with them. the classic advice is invest in tailoring, not material. for years, before hong kong mtm salesmen...
Quote: Originally Posted by latkaguy OK, Shmartiepants. Granted that my knowledge of Juniors is years old, but where IS the best cheesecake in NY - a traditional, plain-jane, so rich you can barely finish a slice, New York cheesecake? Serendipity 3. It's got a walnut crust, instead of the classic graham cracker, but it's damn good.
Eat at Mile End if you're coming to Brooklyn and want deli. Do NOT eat at Junior's. The cheesecake has fallen off significantly and the rest of the menu is garbage.
Go to the Met. Temple of Dendor. Done. There's a Cezanne exhibit going on now as well. Hit Gray's on 72nd, it's a NY thing and is much better than a dirty water hot dog. There's a Turkish restaurant, Turkuaz, near your hostel. It's damn good but not dirt cheap. If you're looking for incredible pizza, go to East Harlem to the original Patsy's. For a slice, Joe's. Artichoke is many things, including good, but it's not NY pizza. On the UES near the Met is...
to pile on, tell him now. a lot of us are limited in the number of people that we can invite; it doesn't matter how many people actually come at this point, it matters how many you invite in the initial round. Some people also do rounds of invitations if they have more friends than they can afford or can fit into a place, so your telling him up front, and before the invitations go out, can actually be a much better thing than waiting for the invitation and RSVP'ing...
Salvatore- Any idea when your friend Solito will return to NYC with the jacket I ordered (in your hotel room) and paid him a deposit on 18 months ago?
few non-Japanese businessmen eat at Kuruma. Even fewer discuss food on a clothing board.