or Connect

Posts by Wes Bourne

Quote: Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie See the 3rd picture: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...53#post3334253 I don't see how they've aged any differently than your other shoes in that post. The creases do appear lighter in colour than the rest of the shoe (but same thing shows on your other pairs). If that's what you're alluding to, just brush vigorously across the creases to remove wax buildup.
Quote: Originally Posted by Newcomer Here is the Coombe in Dark Oak: I like it, but I am not sure I like it enough to get it in chestnut with with a rubber sole. 391 pounds is still 391 pounds. Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 meh Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 Brown's has those in black right now for 330 pounds. So basically a derby version of the nice Midford bris...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 Thinking about getting those Falkirks in 12D and hoping they stretch. Or have them stretch them for you...
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII The idea is the same...the tension at the topline, however, either because the shoe has been worn for some time or because the last is a "factory" last, is not near what it would be on a bespoke shoe/last. My shoehorn is heavier than the one Grenson was using and has a wide end and a narrow end. Bottom line however, I don't think the video comes anywhere close...in any part of the process...in reflecting what goes...
Quote: Originally Posted by tazmaniac Further, has anyone ever seen an Edward Green in purple (there is one in my size)? Lastly, how noticeable is the difference between D and E-width? All my EGs are 7.5D, but sometimes they are a hair narrow, especially for my small toe. Could I get off with an E or will it be a lot wider? Curious about the purple as well. I've found the difference between D and E width quite noticeable, i.e. 8.5D 888...
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII It's not impossible to pull a last mind you but it's not all that straight-forward either. And if...as occasion warrants...you need to put the last back in the shoe, you need a specialized shoe horn and a bit of Something like what you see in this Grenson vid (at 11:00)?
Quote: Originally Posted by PhiloVance Does anyone know what the x2 means in "Malvern Chestnut 82 x2"? Also, this may have been answered, but does the GBP 390 price tag include the VAT? Thanks in advance, Philo x2 = 2 pairs available 391£ tax free = excluding VAT
^ I think you will get a lot of interest.
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII If the shoe is lasted properly, there is no slack anywhere, so getting the 8cm wide area through and past the 1cm area is not easy. It is a lot harder than you might think. Shoemakers almost always reinforce that area...as well as the entire topline...with "topline tape" --fabric (usually nylon) for the specific purpose of preventing stretch or, worse, ripping at the backseam. Another instance of forethought...and in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by medtech_expat EG sale looks like a bust. Searching for "82 last fit" and similar permutations draw a blank. Can anyone comment on the fit relative to the 888? I seem to recall that some people size down by half. Thanks. Fit is said to be similar between 888 and 82, as well as between 606 and 202, with differences in toe shapes. Quote: ALL SHOES ARE £391.00 TAX-FREE UNLESS MARKED OTHERWISE, PLUS...