or Connect

Posts by Wes Bourne

Isn't the porthole thing a popular misconception?See #7 here:'7. Parts were inspired by a diving helmet.Apparently after having received the design brief for what was to become the Royal Oak, GĂ©rald Genta happened upon a diver emerging from Lake Geneva and thought to himself, If the screws holding the faceplate were strong enough to ensure a watertight seal on the helmet, surely they must be capable of doing the same for a watch.'
The Loake Jack is from the 'Design' range, I have a pair in Sand suede. They look just like BB's Beige ones. Mine are stamped m.i.E. inside the lining.Fwiw, stuffs stamped m.i.E. are sometimes just minimally finished there, enough to be able to have the m.i.E. mark.Regardless of where they're made, they're solid shoes, esp for $120.
Those are the same as the Loake 'Jack'. Not from the 1880 range.
The whole Uncle/Nephew thing is just WTF creepy.Maybe, but you'd have to keep teh Uncle.
Then how do you explain teh Ambrosi pents episode?
I was only interested in Dk Brown w/ double leather. Since it seems most wanted Dainite, I'm out. Gotta admit that Whiskey looks great though.
Is that a true vintage SM300 or one of those NOS Watchco ones?
@mimo: if you can get over your dislike of dress watches with 3 o'clock date windows, this newer Bambino variant is awesome:I don't care much for Roman numerals, but that Bambino looks great.@Kaplan : I wish it were a bit smaller too. And 21mm lug width =
If it makes you feel any better, you ain't the only who has to make them heartbreaking decisions.MOAR watchesorRRSP contributions + kid's tuition fund
I like the smaller discontinued Club dunkel, but agree that the longer lugs on all the Club models sorta ruins it.Don't like the visible gap between the strap and case.