or Connect

Posts by Wes Bourne

I had always assumed warranties were only valid for the original buyer and weren't transferable, much the way it is for most consumer goods.In that sense, I never understood the added value of having an unexpired legit AD stamped warranty card when buying pre-owned.However, I have noticed that some small boutique brands, i.e. those that specialize in sub $1 000 homages do offer a warranty that's transferable.I can understand how ADs supplying Grays could be frowned upon by...
Can't comment on the warranty question, but don't certain Gray dealers get their stock from ADs? It was my understanding that ADs need to put in minimum orders to carry some lines, often times much more than they can actually sell themselves. They deal with this by selling some stock to Grays (some with, some without stamped warranty papers depending on their arrangements).That would certainly explain how some well known individual (not stores) Gray sellers (ex. DavidSW)...
I think that boutique edition doesn't have the 'cold' feeling the regular one Keith T had included in his list of contenders has. Awesome dial, beautiful watch.
Stowa Flieger?^YES!Fwiw, the more classically sized 38mm version is actually available for $734 here. Check if any of these coupons applies.Other 38mm...
The grain on the kangaroo tail NATOs looks very nice.
mimo, you should get a White Stowa Partitio, a watch you actually posted about not too long ago.
Received this e-mail Thursday:Opening our doors on Jermyn StreetAfter a fortnight beavering away behind hoardings, we’re more than excited to be taking them down and opening the doors of our Jermyn Street store once more.Our new space is designed to be a fitting home to our shoes and you, our customers, who appreciate something a little bit special. We dare say Beau Brummell will enjoy an approving glance from across the street.Come and join us for a coffee or a dram and...
I believe most 'modern' lasts are 'combination' lasts, even if not marked as such by the makers, i.e. a 9B/D AE shoe will simply be marked 9D. That said, some lasts are known to have a roomier than average fit in the heel than others, i.e. Alden Barrie.
I like this one, but the hands look rather out of place on it. Are they an aftermarket mod?