or Connect

Posts by Wes Bourne

Sure, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow.As an aside, while many go by EG's 1/2 size UK/US conversion, i.e. EG labelled 8.5/9E shoes for US9D feet, that doesn't work for me. I take 8/8.5E in EG 888 and 82 lasts. I did own a pair of 8.5/9D 888 shoes and sold them bc they were painfully narrow.Fwiw, I once asked Hillary Freeman why EG only converts 1/2 size UK/US and she said that the British generally wear closer fitting shoes compared to Murricans who prefer them on...
@TweedyProf This has always been my assumption: that the size stamped on the insole is the size for the market for which the shoes are produced. In my experience, it also matches the size printed or handwritten on the lining.I.e. I'm a US9D on the Brannock and have a pair of BB Peal punch caps on the 240 last size US9D stamped 9-4 on the insole and they fit me as well as my 348 last UK8E C&J Westbourne stamped 8-5.Furthermore, I had previously confirmed with Mr Huqstable...
Waitaminute, @SimonC is Simon Crompton of PS fame? Could've sworn someone asked him a while ago and he denied it.
Regarding the recent dark DOAK discussion, I believe someone mentioned sun bleaching.You can definitely lighten shoes several shades by leaving them out in direct sunlight. I did so with a pair of Dark Tan Alden LWB, left outside last summer every time weather would permit. Proof is in the picture: [[SPOILER]] You can see the original color on either side of the tongue, areas that were shielded from the sun by the facings. Of course, you won't see much difference on a...
SARB033 with enough change left for a strap and springbar tool.
IMPORTANT FAQS: Q: 'ZOMG these are awesome, WANT WANT WANT, are they still available?!?! A: If the listing is open, they're still available. If you're sure you want the shoes, PM me and I'll provide my Paypal info; payment is then expected within 24 hours so please check your PMs for my reply. Q: Awesome shoes brah, how about $150? A: I don’t make a penny of profit on anything I sell here. Rather, I just try to recoup some of my costs. I believe my prices are fair and...
@Skolyx and @patinePL : You guys should add a Yanko last shape comparison chart. Something like this or this would be helpful. @Skolyx: Can you add Canada to the list of coutries in your drop down field in the checkout?
Limited selection reduced to $699.
@BostonHedonist @TheWraith Bernhardt Binnacle World The discontinued Globemaster also pops up for sale on the forums from time to time.
@UnFacconable : Surprised to hear that. When I visited my local AD before Christmas, I enquired about the 3570.50 as well and was told they didn't have any left and weren't sure if they could get one from Omega (I suspect there's still stock at Omega, even now).When I mentioned I wasn't interested in paying a premium for a 311.30 just to get (useless) accessories and overdone packaging, they offered to let it go for the price of a 3570.50($5 250CAD vs $5 800CAD) and pay...