or Connect

Posts by AdamG

Some good reads posted so far. My picks: House of the Spirits - Isabelle Allende Meditations - Marcus Aurelius
Heard about a guy strap himself into a squat once. He then put too much on the bar, walked out and fell backwards. He also ripped both his shoulders out of his sockets.
Tck13, "In other words, there is no limit until the resource is gone. Then capitalism moves onto something else. " What other system could you propose though? Take oil for example. Oil is finite, so no matter the economic system, unless you don't use oil at all, it will run out. It's not really a flaw with capatilism. In fact, I think you'd agree that companies could deal with decreasing supply of oil far better than one big government. It's private industry...
If you define God as an all powerful, complete, perfect being, then the idea that he needs/wants entertainment is somewhat silly.
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T I live in a communist country and have seen more 'good' people here than just about anywhere. I like the way Vietnamese people look after each other. I like the way they serve everyone else around them before themselves. I like the way women hold the arms of their elders when they walk. I like the way the language instills respect in elders, despite the confusing array of pronouns Ive had to learn because of it. I like...
Quote: Originally Posted by faustian bargain seems to me, framing it that way is judging what systems are bad or good, or rather which ones are more appropriate to man's nature; as opposed to whether man's nature is bad or good. (which means, you're on to something.) I guess what I was trying to say is that 'good' and 'bad' is not what determines human behaviour, in my opinion. It is whatever they think will benefit them the most. There are...
One problem with card cases/carrying cards by themselves is that they get cracked or bent.
Most people are selfish, so the key is finding systems that use this greed to benefit mankind. So in a capatilist society, I think that men will be 'good', elsewise it's more likely to be 'bad'.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arethusa This is about electorate demographics, not the nuances of your ideological leanings. Sorry, I thought this was about politics: Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Most of us probably have a strong view of where we fit on the political spectrum (some of us stronger than others of course...). Maybe Americans have a special "Politics - Brought to you by Coca Cola in association...