or Connect

Posts by AdamG

Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 No it does not at all. It's exactly the opposite. Instead of classifying people in two buckets - blue or red - this actually brings nuances and understands that people can be of different shades of blue or red, or even of different shades between red and blue There are more political stances than conservative or liberal. Libertarianism, anarchism, communism, all of these stances were not evaluated...
I'd agree that the survey was too linear, it just reinforced the bipartisan politics that is at times a farce of a democracy. A few questions I couldn't answer properly, like: Quote: Immigrants today strengthen our country because of their hard work and talents OR\t\t\t Quote: Immigrants today are a burden on our country because they take our jobs, housing and health care I would have answered immigrants are a burden...
The freedom to own your own private property comes with the responsibility to let other people do with their property what they wish.
Podcasts: Free Talk Live - Brilliant Libertarian politics show. Todd Park Mohr's Philosophy Podcast - a stunning introduction to philosophy, highly reccomended. Military History Podcast - As above. GQ Audio Podcast - As above. University Channel Podcast - Lots of lectures that are given in Universities, very good, can be quite long. Blogs: Lifehacker, 43 Folders, gladwell.com, I Will Teach You To Be Rich.
Quote: Originally Posted by Young Scrappy I'm sure people are right about the dead lift. I'm nervous about that exercise. Don't be. Just start light, build up slowly. You won't regret it.
Bench, somewhere around 115kg. Deadlift around 187.5kg.
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy I have never felt the compulsion to learn yoga. However, if I was to, I would practice Bikram for these very same reasons. Yoga showdown sounds sort of cool. Like Breakdance fighting. And I like the idea of a trash talking, ass kicking Yogi Like this dude, the "Iron Yogi"
I play football*. What else is there? *Soccer to you Yanks
It's a joy to write with.
Quote: Originally Posted by Étienne Wow... The exact same arguments could be used to advocate the legalization of drugs. Is the WSJ in favour of that as well? I am. For reason I'd get into if you want.