or Connect

Posts by DocHunter

Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy Don't worry about the "sliminess." Wet, formerly dry raw denim will feel that way after the first soak. Jean Shop jeans are made from fixed denim. They should not shrink but minimally. Could you tell me what fixed denim is and how it differs from other types of denim? You have any pointers on how to break them in and get a good fade other than the standard soak and wear technique? By the way, I've...
I soaked my raw selvage jeans today for the first time. I've had them for a few months and I've worn them sorta infrequently so I was a bit disapointed that I didn't get very good fade on them, though they're not totally dry yet. They're from the Jeans Shop on W. Broadway in NYC. A cool little boutique down in Soho and they have awesome quality denim. My question is: the denim got sort of slimy after I soaked them. They're drying on the back deck right now and...
Quote: Originally Posted by chronoaug american eagle, abercrombie, hollister, anywhere. C'mon. If you can't find similar jeans, you're not trying No way. I've looked for a while. All of those brands are awful fitting and are extremely baggy with pretty high rise. Not even close. No way that Chris Robinson is wearing Abercrombie. Hah. Thanks for the sarcastic reply though. Anyone actually want to help a brother out with legitimate...
Hi, I'm looking for a jean recommendation with a similar cut to the jeans that Chris Robinson is wearing in this picture below. I know he's a dirty hippy and has terrible fashion sense, but I'm looking for a similar low cut slight flare. Maybe a little less flare than these so they aren't full-on bellbottoms but you get the picture...
Quote: Originally Posted by whacked Nudie Bootcut Olas. Nudie also does provide a denim repair kit to its customer upon request. Any idea what the leg opening measurement on the Olas is? Can't seem to find that measurement anywhere. What about washed denim? You know any pre-washed stuff that is cut similarly? And I checked the nudie website, but how do I contact them to request a repair kit with a patch? Any help is supremely...
Hello, I am looking for a pair of jeans with a similar cut to the Levi's 507's. Meaning, I'm looking for a cut that is slim through the thighs, low rise, slight flare to a bootcut. It's surprisingly hard to find this type of cut, especially in raw. I'm not very happy with some of the lower quality denim that Levi's uses and it's just not very high quality, imo. I'm looking for any jeans that have the 507-type cut. Not necessarily raw denim, but anything really. I've...
Also, anyone know where I can get some patches made of high quality denim? Preferably selvage.
Hello, I am looking for a pair of jeans with a similar cut to the Levi's 507's. Meaning, I'm looking for a cut that is slim through the thighs, low rise, slight flare to a bootcut. It's surprisingly hard to find this type of cut, especially in raw. I'm not very happy with some of the lower quality denim that Levi's uses and it's just not very high quality, imo. I'm looking for any jeans that have the 507-type cut. Not necessarily raw denim, but anything really. ...
I'm looking for a place that I can send my jeans to and they will repair them for me. I have a few pairs of old jeans that I still wear fairly often even though they're falling apart a bit. They're just some of my more comfortable jeans that I don't necessarily wear to be fashion-concious. I don't really have a tailor around me that will do sort of custom work on my jeans. I've asked around a bit and my primary tailor really only will do work on my suits for...