or Connect

Posts by magogian12345

Quote: Originally Posted by nootje Somo, the iraqi state oil company. Some time ago I got sideways involved in trying to broker a deal between a euro refinery and somo for near us discounts. I'm not 100% sure oN the numbers but there is a significant difference between us rates and the rst of the world. The deal didn't work out btw. Generally, Western oil companies have to pay the market price for crude oil. I've never heard that Western/US...
Quote: Originally Posted by TourbillonTurk. You know the Irony of it is just yesterday Turkey (a predominantly Muslim Nation) had a very peaceful election day which ended in peace and everybody witnessed democracy prevail ! Thankfully, the Turkish military is willing to keep Erdogan and the AKP in check. If you take away the threat of the periodic coup by the military, I suspect Turkey would have degenerated into something along the lines of...
Quote: Originally Posted by nootje They are allready repaying you, in the form of a higher discount of dollars per barrel then any other country can get. Think 15 to 18 dollars vs max 9 for other countries. That congressman should be better informed. Source?
Quote: Originally Posted by Don Carlos China can weather an economic war with the US better than the US can. It'll be back on its feet in 3 or 4 years; we'd be destroyed for decades. That is pretty much the opposite of what most experts think. I'm not trying to use an "appeal to authority" to shut down the discussion, but most people that know far more about it than you or I think China would be harmed far more than the US. Of course, the US...
I didn't think the ending was very good. They should have had a complete market crash or something.
Some parts are so cool. But then you have scenes like firing from the walkway. Even if the other parts are grossly unrealistic that walkway scene is the worst. Guy would be dead in a few seconds after firing from up there.
I loved "The Unit."
My wife likes the site but twice she paid for an item and then the seller went "bankrupt." In each case, my wife never received the product or her money back. One particular item was our wedding guest book.
From the review, "'The Left insisted that we abandon, in 1973, a war we had just won in Vietnam and go on home,' he writes, an interpretation I've never heard before." There is actually quite a bit of research and study on this point that concludes that following the Easter offensive the US/South Vietnam was militarily in a position to win the war. I believe one of the Viet Cong generals at the time has since admitted as much. The issues was a complete lack of political...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pantisocrat I've been to a lot of countries and it seems like the British heritage ones tend to be more bothered by an underclass. There is much truth to this. To oversimplify, there is a fair amount of social science research showing that if the Spanish (or most other Catholic European countries) colonized you, then you were relatively f-ed, both then and now, in comparison to countries colonized by the Brits (not...