or Connect

Posts by magogian12345

Hello all, I am thinking I should go ahead and get a watch. When I was younger, I found metal bands to be extremely uncomfortable (pulling arm hairs), so I've largely stayed away from watches. However, I recently tried on several watches with leather bands and found them to be far more comfortable (and, of course, much classier). I'm looking to spend $500 or less (which I realize is not much in the watch world). For work, I wear a suit, blazer or sport coat. I have...
Hey all, My local Nortdstrom rack has a number of Santoni shoes (not handgrade but with leather soles) for $190 a pop (retail was $420). They seem to fit comfortably. Most of my current shoes are AE/Peal/Alden. Are these comporable and worth it at that price? Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi annoyed with the year and a half of teasers TNT was showing before just getting on with it Seriously! Also, the first episode itself seemed to have 30 minutes of teasers for the show.
Notre Dame will go 10 and 2. There, I said it.
Quote: Originally Posted by idfnl Respectfully, disagree. Watch Gasland and see guys able to light the water running from their faucets on fire. Read some of the critiques of Gasland. For example, the "lighting the water on fire" happens regardless of the fracking. But they don't tell you that in the "documentary.'
Quote: Originally Posted by vaalbara the inside spins just a wee bit faster than the outside. i'm not sure if the difference it makes is actually noticeable by an actual human, though! That is hilarious. If there is anything to the inside being "faster" it has nothing to do with its rotation speed. The outside part of a disk actually rotates faster than the inside.
Quote: Originally Posted by vaalbara or just touch the computer case to ground yourself before you touch any parts That can be OK as long as he isn't assembling the computer on carpet or walking on carpet.
Quote: Originally Posted by BBSLM I figured I would butt in here since there appears to be a lot of people who know what theyre talking about. I'm in the process of gathering parts for my first build. No games; just things like watching blu-ray rips, photoshop, and 200 open firefox tabs. I'm going for value. I don't want to spend more than I have to. How does this look? CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE MOBO: ASROCK 870 Extreme3 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB...
Quote: Originally Posted by furo I'm assuming that if I go the Newegg route, they're going to send me all the parts to be assembled. So is there an easy to follow guide anyone recommends for assembly and OS loading, etc? I don't want to brick the damn thing right outta the box. A few things you should check: (1) Make sure the RAM you buy is compatible with your motherboard. Motherboard manufacturers will list compatible RAM on their...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nananine Shamelessly stolen from another forum Processor: Intel Quad Core i5-2500k Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 341 (Do what you like aesthetically) Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 RAM: G. Skill DDR3 1333 (any brand will do, but G. Skill is cheap and good) Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Solidly high end without getting into the >300 range) Hard Drive: Samsung 1TB Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (You'll need it for...