or Connect

Posts by R.O. Thornhill

For your general amusement: Tonight in our work gym, just as I was wrapping up and doing some foam rolling, this guy turns up with HIS OWN HUGE BARBELL PAD; spends five minutes getting it perfectly positioned on the bar, and then proceeds to do sets of 5 quarter-reps with 55kg Just managed to stop myself from asking him what the hell he thought that was good for
One brand which I don't think has been mentioned yet, but which I believe deserves consideration is Kilgour (or Kilgour, French, Stanbury as was). I think they deserve inclusion on three grounds: 1. For making Astaire's tailcoat for Top Hat. Astaire is the man who most people think of when they picture a man in tails, and KFS made them 2. For making (at least one of) the suits for North by Northwest. The provenance of this suit has been argued over endlessly, and yes I...
Thank you. It is an old Drakes cashmere tie. It is slightly too long and thick, recent models are definitely betterR-O-T
Sorry for lack of posting recently - have been traveling a lot. Here are some snaps of today's Friday casual outfit R-O-T
gdl - sorry to let standards slip. I quite like the tie - it doesn't photograph well, but has the right mix of conservative surface and interesting surface for meAgree on the knot, however...it is shockingly difficult to get a good knot out of. Hadn't tried for a while, and may not try for another long while
DB Friday R-O-T
R-O-T
It is indeed - thank youR-O-T