or Connect

Posts by brianja

Thanks! I waited quite a while for the C4S to be announced and I'm really happy with what they did on it (rear light strip, etc.).Thanks. Love the interior myself. I even spec'd silver seat belts to match the silver interior trim.No problem on the ADV history lesson for GreenFrog. It's important that everyone go into a purchase with their eyes open! I've read through it all before myself and it was a tough choice to go with them vs. HRE.This is why cars are so...
Easy answer in this case (as crazy as it sounds)... $$$I run winter and summer tires here in NYC since this is a daily driver. When the car was delivered it was January and I had them put winter tires onto the OEM wheels.I then asked the dealer for a quote on a second set of OEM wheels to put my summer tires on. $9k+. WOAH! I bargained them down to $7200, which is still comical for a cast wheel. For significantly less than that I could get a lighter, stronger, forged...
I was my dealer's first Carrera 4S allocation (had a deposit down for a year +). I have a good relationship with them, so I was able to work a decent discount on this one. I hear that people are typically seeing some decent discounts on 991s (4-7%) depending on the dealership.And thanks for the kind word on the photos... I love taking them.
Thanks! The new 991 model uses a leather called "espresso" vs the 997's "cocoa". I wasn't a big fan of the old color, but when I saw espresso for the first time I knew it was what I wanted. I based the rest of the choices in the car around that interior.Bronze is making a bit of a surge right now, but it's still pretty rare IMO. Looking at the stuff that ADV and HRE are pushing out I'd guess it's like 1/10th of what they do in black. I think it ties in well with my...
I DD this in NYC so I sit in a fair amount of traffic with it and don't hate it yet after a few months. lol. I guess that's good.As a whole the transmission isn't as comfortable as I was used to in the Audi, but it shouldn't be. This is supposed to be a more edgy, sports car, not a powerful, sport sedan. The 7MT is really well suited to it's role here.Clutch is much stiffer than my previous car, but livable. Engagement is pretty abrupt, but not jarring once you get...
I just poked my head in here to see what's going on and I noticed some HRE / ADV discussion on the previous page. I just went through a lot of debate on this topic myself and wound up with a set of ADV1 wheels on my new car. They were mounted up two weeks ago. Knowing ADV's history with 360Forged and hearing some of the stories of wheel problems on the boards I was nervous about dealing with them. I reached out to friends who have owned ADVs for 3 years and all reports...
A few recent ones: (click to enlarge) New niece Playing with off-camera flash for the first time Random
I've known Buono Jewelers on SI since I was a child. I went to school with the owner's daughter and my parents have done a lot of business with them through the years. They are good and can source whatever stones that you want. They just put together an engagement ring for me in September. The results were great and turned out exactly as I pictured. (click the photos to enlarge)
He won't. Believe me.
The B7 was the facelift for the B6.