or Connect

Posts by persid

Are people on this forum mostly hipster bebop junkies?
A number of ebay sellers are registered under USA addresses, but ship from places like China. Most, if not all, are selling fakes. They do this in order to put people at their ease, as many assume that nobody in the states would be stupid enough to risk selling fake clothing. Ebay shows the registration address in the search results page, not where they intend to ship from. I have nothing against Chinese made goods, but I'd stay away from these types of ebay sellers.
Which way does your excrement spin when you flush it?
I like to make mine very thin, almost crepe like, with little filling. I love a straight up eggs and comté, with a bit of extra pepper on top. See http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=37078
Quote: Originally Posted by Buddy Love Nothing beats the adductor machine. Nothing. Or 3 hours of good fat burning jog. Should he wear leg warmers, tights, and a head band on his 3 hour jog? Follow drizzt's plan, don't overdo it for the first few weeks, and eat. With your height/weight, you'll see gains pretty fast no matter what you do.
Quote: Originally Posted by j Good site. I usually lurk, if anywhere, on ADVrider because I like the guys and the trip reports, but I'll check in on that one as well. A lot of the MC forums are filled with people who are... well, not my type. ADVrider is amazing. Two days after discovering that site, I ended up dropping (twice) my Suzuki GS500 crossing a stream...some bikes are not made for adventure riding Renault78law, I was in the market...
I like to play Dizzy's No More Blues and pretend I'm on the beach. Sometimes I even rub some sand in my eyes before getting in. Calgary's a cold and dark place...
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 Seems extremely basic to me, and nothing you need a "name designer" to achieve. That jacket looks an awful lot like the RLPL cashmere jacket which Holdfast and others own, albeit a short for a regular model. It's a light grey. Nothing crazy there. The sweater is a navy v-neck. Wow! A white shirt! Grey flannel trousers! Not directing this at you, persid, I just don't think it's anything special. Brooks Brothers...
Quote: Originally Posted by HalfCanvas Look at the sportcoat on the guy wearing the "wellies." It's fantastic -- nice lapels, a bit shorter, beautiful shoulder with some personality. That's the type of stuff I think we'll be seeing. And that's precisely the type of stuff that the average Brooks customer doesn't like and doesn't fit into. I don't think that hipsters will come to Brooks either -- even if Thom Browne's stuff is there. This will be a...
I think in most cases, a gym is a gym, especially for people just starting out who won't be getting close to the limit of the equipment. The only gym in Calgary that stands out in my mind is the Space Gym (close to Stampede). I haven't gone there in about two years, but it was a very nice place back then. A mix of gym, boxing club, salsa dancing place, and art gallery. Terrible clunky machines and VERY loud music. It looks like an abandoned meat processing plant. The...