or Connect

Posts by APK

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've let out an audible groan more than once when I get down to the feet of a Benes fit and see those god damn shoes.
Meh. I'm not really using junk food to get these calories/carbs in, so I don't mind trying it for a few weeks. My coach just wanted to see how I'd respond to it. Charly works with him, so he can probably back up that the guy knows a thing or two about a thing or two regarding lifting and diet.
Diddy arrested for assaulting a football coach with a kettlebell, so even he's been swept up in the CrossFit craze. Started a timed carb diet today. Felt weird consuming so many simple carbs around lifting. Probably not unrelated, but I crashed out on my bed a few hours after.
I'm really boring, because that's actually one of my favorite melondejello fits.
Right on. I had that realization a couple years ago. Said relationship did eventually end, though not until a few months ago and not before some really awful things happened. The relationship itself, despite lasting so long, mostly sucked. But the bond I formed with the kids changed a huge part of my life and it's easily been the most difficult part to process and accept since I left. If and when the time comes to have kids of my own, I know I'll be ready and I'll consider...
in that case, sounds like the dogs are ready for a pair of GAP skinny jeans!
I remember a post from you... at least, I think (hope?) it was you... four or five years ago where you mentioned you had just discussed having kids with your wife and she wasn't really about it at that time because of her career or something. I recall feeling unusually sad for you, because it sounded like you were totally ready to start that phase of your life. Glad to see that things panned out for you.
How much do you pay each month?
This. I'm a little surprised there's not more weight loss happening at 2,200 cals/day. I imagine you are, too. But I don't know if the answer is to drop calories even further when you still have a ways to go. If you were only 10 pounds away, then sure, go for it. But 30? What happens when you stall out 10 pounds from now? Drop calories even further and then stall out not long after that? I tried this years ago and it works, but I felt totally miserable by the end and I...
I'll add that at the end of my cut, I looked better than I had at 199, but I didn't have much muscle. From the front, you would assume maybe I was a runner or something. Traps, delts, chest were all really underwhelming. I didn't even have visible abs! In retrospect, I got way too caught up in what the scale said.