or Connect

Posts by cmrocks

Hi, I'm about to start at a work place where the dress code is business casual. I work for a smaller mining company and everyone is in the same office. The CEO and some of the high level execs are wearing suits. The VP Exploration doesn't care and wears jeans and a polo. The rest of the staff are usually in dress pants and a dress shirt. I'd like to wear a tie to work just because I've always liked them. Is it okay to wear a tie with cotton dress pants? Is it...
Hey, I was hoping to get some advice on here about a good style for while at work. I'm a geologist that works in metals exploration so I spend a good portion of my time in the field. I'm usually in the coastal mountains of northern British Columbia. The temperature here ranges from about 0F to 80F and there's a lot of rain and snow. I have a goretex set up of pants and a jacket that I wear when the weather is particularily bad and that works really well. I'm looking...
Hey Guys, I'm thinking about getting a JCrew suit for something bit dressier when I go out at night. I have a couple good wool suits for work and what not so these will just be for going out. I want a cheaper suit so I won't be worried about having drinks spilled on it and what not. I also like the more casual nature of a cotton suit. I'll probably just wear the suit with one of my Kent Wang OCBD shirts with no tie. What color do you think would be the best for a...
Quote: Originally Posted by tj100 I have a 2004 Carrera cab and after five years of owning it, am completely happy with the choice. I think you'll find that when it comes to price, the cabs have a small premium, in that for any given price level, the cabriolets available will be a little less desirable (more miles, odd color, etc.) than the coupes. Last time I looked, the 'convertible premium' was somewhere around $5,000 - but the used market is such a...
The Norton Commando is finally available in Canada. I love this bike but it would be hard to justify spending almost $20,000 on it. Regardless, if I get another motorcycle, it will be between this or the Ducati Monster 1100.
Quote: Originally Posted by .bishop its fun when the weather is perfect. when it is too hot, its too hot to have the top down cause you want AC circulating. That's one of my biggest concerns. I have a feeling that I'll end up with the top up way more often than down because it's too hot in the summer or too cold/wet in the winter. I guess a person has to decide if those summer nights and spring/fall days are worth all the other times that...
Hey, I'm wondering how many people on here own convertible cars? I'm shopping for a car and I was hoping to get some opinions on them. Do those of you who own them regret having bought one? Right now, I'm looking very strongly at a 2002 or 2003 Porsche Carrera. On the used market, the coupes are cabriolets are about the same price and found in about the same abundance. I've test drove both and don't really notice any difference in performance. The convertible...
Quote: Originally Posted by Surfrider Ask yourself "How would George Clooney dress to a 'club?'" Then, do that. Best advice yet.
I hope that you're going to an age appropriate nightclub. If that's the case, I'd recommend dark grey dress pants and a slim, dark colored dress shirt. Just make sure you get the pieces from a brand that is a bit fashion forward so it doesn't look like you're wearing office clothes. I'm much younger than you are but, when I go out, I often wear a navy shirt with subtle stripes tucked into charchol dress pants with black shoes and a belt. I've never felt out of place...
Quote: Originally Posted by shanker I cannot recommend Croatia and Montenegro enough. The coasts of Split and Dubrovnik, as well as Herceg Novi and Budva are extremely underrated and offer breathtaking beauty with minimal tourists. The Montenegrian cities will meet the demands of even sophisticated travellers. Dubrovnik is a bit of a tourist trap with loads of cruise ship sheep swarming the walled Old Town on a daily basis. Still worth a vist though, but...