or Connect

Posts by Pylon

I've been casually house hunting for a while, and I'm particularly picky single dude. I find a beautiful 4-bedroom house built in the 1930's... it's got all the architectual details I hope for... nice hardwood flooring throughout, spacious rooms, high ceilings, crown moulding... basically, space and character. It's also just been renovated throughout and is priced rock bottom as part of a state-funded program trying to revitalize home ownership in certain Syracuse city...
Quote: Originally Posted by chestercopperpot i've been meaning to check out freemans for quite some time now. this lovely thread will give me the final push to finally go there and get some good items. any recommendations other than a suit? I'll look for the ties I got from there and post pics later if I remember. I'm happy with the deadstock wool ties and they aren't terribly expensive at around $60. The peacoats are attractive but...
Quote: Originally Posted by lefty If I remember correctly the shorter coat was $1600 last year. I can see why it didn't sell. lefty Yep, I believe the shorter was about $1,600 and there was a longer (maybe a shave bit more than 3/4-length) peacoat for about $1,800. I had a hard time taking that off after trying it on. Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC Yes, he was more important then. But to the guy going ot...
Reduced to $145.
Agreed that you must polish them, and also +1 on never using the quick shine lacquers, paints, etc. They will only ultimately serve to dry out the leather, and will crack and flake in short time only making your shoes look crappy. Polishing protects your leather from the elements and from drying out; it's essential you renew this "protective layer" regularly and not just for appearances sake. I'll also add about polishing: If you can, find an experienced shoe shine in...
2009 brings hope to phase-out most of my current suits in favor a few better made ones (a Freeman's hopefully and if budget allows maybe a Mr. Ned custom). I've recently made a trip to Carl at CEGO for my first fitting and to pick out a handful of fabrics, so 2009 also brings with it the exciting point where I can start tossing out my poor-fitting OTR (and mediocre-fitting MTM) shirts. I'm really looking forward to receiving Carl's work. As if new suits and shirts...
Quote: Originally Posted by likeitaloud So what classes in your experience have the the most attractive girls :P ? Literature courses! (and there was a particularly beautiful selection in this one honors history seminar on women in the Middle East)
Quote: Originally Posted by btuthill can you provide the waist, thigh, and leg opening measurements? i might be interested. Straight across the front with the jeans lying flat, I get: Leg opening - 8" Thigh width - 10.25" Waist - 18" (across the front) They fit slim in the legs. A bit more info on the Even Stevens.
Reminds me of something Rye GB aptly said about a pair of my shoes in the WAYWT threads.... Quote: Originally Posted by Rye GB generic rubbish and those ........shoes....you should be banned for life for bringing those into the forum, it's like bringing your grandma to a swingers party. Thank you, Rye GB, for the straight talk express.
Anything you haven't had a taste of yet. You'll be surprised how you might find something you'd never otherwise think of very interesting (or find out you truly hate something). Sociology can be pretty interesting regardless of your field, or a history course to give you a deeper perspective on a culture or issue, or dabble in a language even if briefly: Even a little Latin will give you an interesting background on entomology and a million other random things; a little...