or Connect

Posts by Pylon

+1 what Conne said. A minor in history may not directly benefit your actual resume, but it will benefit your education. I picked up a dual major in history and French for my BA. Because of the history major, I gained a lot of critical analytical and research skills (scrutinizing sources, digging up primary information, sifting through volumes for what's important, making deductions, etc.). On top of that, I had to write a lot. It seemed like a bitch in college to...
Womanizer isn't too shabby. It's got a catchy tune.
+1 if it's on a private yacht. Someone around here must have one of those things hanging around, looking for a good excuse to get abused...
Yes, the 12x means a minimum of 12 times (magazines often require the issues to be consecutive or within a certain period of time to get that rate) to get that rate per ad. For the market penetration/reach/frequency that you can probably get with a publication like GQ, I don't think those rates are completely outrageous... just simply on the expensive side. You can pay a couple thousand for a single-issue full page ad in a local publication with a limited circulation, so...
Quote: Originally Posted by milosz So I forgot to enroll my Amex card when I got it a couple of years ago. Since then I've used it for about $10k worth of purchases - how pissed off should I be at myself? Could I have actually gotten anything worthwhile for $10k? I think 10k in points will get you about a $100 gift card. I have about 40k in points left sitting on mine. Every so often I usually clean out what points I have on gift cards to...
-1 on Tag. Every bozo this side of the Mason-Dixon owns one and thinks he's the shit because he owns a "high end watch." What you can get or should get really depends on your price range. If you go to some reputable used dealers you can often find some good prices on higher-end watches like IWC or JLC, for example. Shopping around and finding out what you like and don't like (and what sucks and doesn't suck) and what type(s) of watch(es) you need (sport, dress, casual?)...
Carry sufficient cash when you know you'll be in a group dining situation. There's eight ATMs per block these days so there's rarely an excuse (and I even hate carrying cash). Put your money in first. Assuming it's not an egregious shorting of the bill, and you get stuck being the one doing the counting, you might say something undertoned like "Hmm... the bill seems to be fairly short." If nobody suddenly volunteers more money, just pay the rest of the bill yourself...
+1 on the Mazda3. I bought a 4-door version new in 2006 and drove it for about 30k before selling it to a co-worker. A lot of fun to drive; enough space (I'm 6' 3") for me and my crap, youthfully-styled interior and good starter car all around. Didn't have any problems with it I didn't cause myself. The thing even stood up well to my driving abuse for a small, cheap car (smashed into curbs, drove over a ladder at 75mph with no apparent damage, snapped off the lower...
Reduced to $99.
My personal opinion is that if the MBA isn't from a top business school (like Wharton, HBS, etc.) then it's not worth doing if the goal is truly to set yourself apart. Is the quality of the education that much better? Not entirely, but MBAs from average schools are a dime a dozen. Every mid-level manager knocks one out on their way up their chain because at some point they need those post-nominals there (regardless if it was online or from the local for-profit degree...