or Connect

Posts by Pylon

Quote: Originally Posted by StockwellDay Seriously. Congratulations. In this poll, you, my friend, would fall under the "no effect" category. Unless, of course, you got a raise and a bonus due to the current economy, which it sounds like some government contractors on this thread may have. You may also be a bankruptcy attorney, or a workout guy at Alvarez and Marsal overseeing Lehman's liquidation, etc.; in which case, again,...
Reduced to $95
The only mail the USPS will guarantee a delivery date is with Express class mail (i/e: "Express Mail Overnight Guaranteed"). Priority and First-Class mail carry no guarantees as to delivery time; they "suggest" priority will arrive anywhere in CONUS within 2 to 3 business days, but if I arrives 18 business days later, USPS just shrugs their collective shoulders. Adding "Registered Mail" to a packet or envelope doesn't add any guarantee of arrival or delivery date,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Need an option for "raise." Seriously. Where's the option for "Got raise and year-end bonus check"?
+1 about the ING Direct Savings. Though the APY has gone done in the past year (I wonder why ) from about 3.5% to 2.5%, it's still a decent high-yield savings account. It also has tools to help force yourself to save if you lack the know-how or willpower (like easy automatic recurring withdrawals you can set up). We're not talking about building investment portfolios here; this is strictly emergency cash reserves. Therefore, you wouldn't want to put your emergency...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 i love people saying to have a year of expenses in the bank. where will this magically come from? It comes from regularly contributing to savings. I have about 6 months of living expenses in cash savings, that I'm aiming to increase to about 12 months worth this year. Basically, a certain amount is set to automatically transfer to my savings each pay period. So that's a no-brainer; I don't even count...
And I will gladly provide a "second chance" offer if any previous purchase offers fall through
Quote: Originally Posted by danilo aerether: so you think you should have ordered 36R? This is me with the 36S classic, I thought the sleeves were a touch too short. What do you think? Agreed that the sleeves are short on the above. Quote: Originally Posted by stereo345 other than sterlingwear and rauph lauran, can anyone recommend some other brands that make slim fitting shorter pea coats I liked the fit and...
The Northeast and Mid-Atlantic markets (though primarily upstate New York) have Wegmans. http://www.wegmans.com. It's the best grocery/supermarket store I've experienced. It's also consistently in Fortune's top 10 U.S. companies to work for (I think they were #1 a few years ago...). Based out of Rochester, NY I think they reach as far down as Pennsylvania or Maryland now. When I was living in Albany, I was pissed that there were no Wegmans around and I was forced to...
Quote: Originally Posted by grundletaint just took a chance on these at 111 bucks. i think they'll work in a couple of ways. ...especially if they have to institute the draft again.