or Connect

Posts by Pylon

Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido - sure is, pic was taken last year (March) when I was in NYC (obviously) Oh man, I love Balthazar's lattes and pastries! Oh yeah, the pants are very nice too
Quote: Originally Posted by acidicboy At least he is sincere and nice, which is waaaay better than knowledgeable but snobbish SAs from high end stores. I'm curious to know- does discount stores like Filene's have product information training for their staff? I don't know about you, but in the weeks leading up to Christmas, SAs in high end stores were tripping over themselves to be more helpful to me than I've ever experienced. Not sure if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr T I also must report a zero as I don't wear a watch. Why bother when clocks are so abundant? That's like saying "Why bother wear a pocket square, since tissues are so abundant?" or akin to saying "Why wear a tie because it serves no functional purpose?" A watch is much more than the sum of its functionality. Quartz watches are inherently much more accurate and reliable than mechanical watches, and usually...
Quote: Originally Posted by StockwellDay Seriously. Congratulations. In this poll, you, my friend, would fall under the "no effect" category. Unless, of course, you got a raise and a bonus due to the current economy, which it sounds like some government contractors on this thread may have. You may also be a bankruptcy attorney, or a workout guy at Alvarez and Marsal overseeing Lehman's liquidation, etc.; in which case, again,...
Reduced to $95
The only mail the USPS will guarantee a delivery date is with Express class mail (i/e: "Express Mail Overnight Guaranteed"). Priority and First-Class mail carry no guarantees as to delivery time; they "suggest" priority will arrive anywhere in CONUS within 2 to 3 business days, but if I arrives 18 business days later, USPS just shrugs their collective shoulders. Adding "Registered Mail" to a packet or envelope doesn't add any guarantee of arrival or delivery date,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Need an option for "raise." Seriously. Where's the option for "Got raise and year-end bonus check"?
+1 about the ING Direct Savings. Though the APY has gone done in the past year (I wonder why ) from about 3.5% to 2.5%, it's still a decent high-yield savings account. It also has tools to help force yourself to save if you lack the know-how or willpower (like easy automatic recurring withdrawals you can set up). We're not talking about building investment portfolios here; this is strictly emergency cash reserves. Therefore, you wouldn't want to put your emergency...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 i love people saying to have a year of expenses in the bank. where will this magically come from? It comes from regularly contributing to savings. I have about 6 months of living expenses in cash savings, that I'm aiming to increase to about 12 months worth this year. Basically, a certain amount is set to automatically transfer to my savings each pay period. So that's a no-brainer; I don't even count...
And I will gladly provide a "second chance" offer if any previous purchase offers fall through