or Connect

Posts by Pylon

I'm interested in getting a messenger bag for my commute to and from work (I take the transit bus, and also walk a little bit). I usually wear a suit, but I'm wondering if I get a brown leather messenger bag if that restricts me from wearing it when I'm suited up with black shoes and belt? Will it look tacky? Does it violate some sacred sartorial rule? On a side note about the choice of the bag itself, does anybody have thoughts on the following...
Counter-clockwise. The Air Force has men wear the belt counter-clockwise and I believe women wear it clockwise. In my early days I wore my belt clockwise... having someone point that out to me one of the first times I wore blues, I quickly changed it to counter and have since carried that over to my civilian clothes, too.
Just one pair of NB running sneakers for me. I'll wear them until the end of their useful life. I only run between 5 and 15 miles a week, though. I did drill into the foam underneath the inserts just enough to fit in the chip for my Nike+iPod thingy. I love that thing, but I wasn't going to stop using a perfectly good pair of NB sneakers to buy Nike+ ones. I didn't feel like it affected their ability or life span but who knows. Maybe when these wear out I'll get the...
I find it difficult to eat properly at work. When I have time, I'm usually eating something of marginal health value (though I never touch fast food). When I don't have time, I'm skipping a meal which I'm sure can't be very good. Or there's the middle ground: I find myself eating at a lunch meeting which, of course, means I am stuck with whatever the meeting organizer picked for lunch. I suppose fore planning and buying foods in advance specifically for work lunch...
People are slowly discovering that the internet ad-based revenue model isn't working out as well as one might have predicted years ago. The revenue stream is shifting heavily to the top few most trafficked sites on the internet, while most smaller sites are seeing themselves being cluttered with more ads but making less money. The idea of even covering your hosting costs for many sites is no longer possible or will not be soon enough.