or Connect

Posts by Pylon

Quote: Originally Posted by LorenzL What is the problem with cotton velvet? I rather have cotton on me than some poly blend and I don't believe pure silk velvet would fit their price points. Well take a look at the close up of their velvet fabric in the additional images. Looks like that rough crappy velvet from the craft stores. It doesn't exactly look like a nice luxurious velvet. And while, yeah, 100% silk velvet at probably $200/yard...
Quote: Originally Posted by mjc Black is usually seen in formal wear, rather than suits. When it is seen in suits, it is often associated with musicians, hotel staff, waiters, and young club-goers. Well, except for funerals. Doesn't hurt to have a black suit in the closet for funerals and other similarly appropriate situations. Oh God, and I just looked at IndoChino's latest suits. The velvet ones are 100% cotton velvet? Not even silk/poly...
My latest batch from Carl at CEGO arrived this afternoon!
Is it me or could the pant legs be tapered in a bit past the knee? The OP mentioned having "big thighs" but that doesn't necessitate the whole pant leg being cut wide, right?
Shirt: +1 to pretty much the above. Ditch the grey-colored shirt and find something that fits a little better (shorter in the arms in particular). You know it's too long when you see all of that "accordion" bunching along the arms. Shoes: Nice choice in shoes. Seriously. Pants: It could be the angle, but those pant legs (especially your left) look extremely roomy. See if they can't be taken in some. Pants that fit closer to your figure will present a better...
I use a Bodum 32oz. stainless double-walled, and I love it. Keeps the coffee warm for quite a while, cleans extremely easily, and seems to have a good filter. I guess the bean quality is something in the "eye of the beholder" so to speak. There are plenty of pretty great coffees out there, most of which I wouldn't consider "expensive". There are also plenty of terrible/crappy/disgusting coffees at all price points, too. I usually buy some different beans almost...
What's quality to you? What's too expensive? I mean, it all varies based on taste, preferences, etc. One way I personally think you can increase the "quality" (or at least bring out more flavor, etc) in your coffee is by pressing it rather than drip brewing which you mentioned. You can get a decent, well-made, double-walled french press for $35-$50 probably. And using the same or similarly priced beans you're already using and enjoy, you'll find pressing it brings...
Received the Lambswool sweater. Shipped extremely quickly and is in pretty much brand-new condition. Thanks!
They stay relevant because people read them for the articles and quality journalism, of course. Isn't that why we've always bought them?
I have a suggestion that fits in your price range, and desired material (leather, available in black), and it's high-quality construction, but it may or may not fit a style or look you're going for. Custom Hide, a guy who makes custom leather bags and briefcases out of TX, makes some really nice bags at really reasonable prices. http://www.customhide.com/ There are some more slim-line, less "briefcase" like bags that might interest you (and they all can come in black). ...