or Connect

Posts by sf_esq

Was wondering about these guys, curious how much shipping cost and if you got hit with customs fees (assuming you are in the U.S.).
Quote: Originally Posted by nahneun A bit late, but I just tried the Yamazaki 12. It was really really sweet, fruity, and floral. A really nice beginner whisky for those who don't enjoy peats, methinks. Not terribly complex, but very smooth. If you like the 12, the 18 is phenomenal. I enjoy peat quite a bit, yet I enjoy other variations and I highly recommend the 18. Here, the 12 costs about $40 and the 18 costs about $100, but if you can...
I am a full size down in both the 348 and 337. I have a pair of 348 that are only 1/2 size down and they still fit, but are a bit looser than I like. Suggest you size down a full size.
Quote: Originally Posted by GTI388 Quote: I'm thinking about picking up an IWC watch in HK too. Does anyone know if they accept trade ins in HK? I have a barely worn (albeit not new, obviously) Rolex that I don't wear that I want to either sell or trade in. I can trade in or sell in the U.S., but would prefer to do it in HK if I can get a better deal on a purchase. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this... AD are very unlikely to take trades...
Yeah, the buckles are different. Beautiful shoes.
I'm thinking about picking up an IWC watch in HK too. Does anyone know if they accept trade ins in HK? I have a barely worn (albeit not new, obviously) Rolex that I don't wear that I want to either sell or trade in. I can trade in or sell in the U.S., but would prefer to do it in HK if I can get a better deal on a purchase. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...
I quite like mine, but I also echo sentiments about sizing being a bit off and the last being somewhat blobby. They're nice shoes, but a bit overrated on this site, IMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs The pringle sportcoat is lovely. The fabric has a nice hand. The buttons are genuine horn. It is half lined. There is a floating canvas. I don't recognize the maker's tag but it is Zegna/Caruso level quality. The sleeves are rather long but that is easily fixed. It has a slim cut and high armholes. Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to pull the trigger. Sounds like true to size is the way to go...
Quote: Originally Posted by NAMOR I like the bag but their is no way in hell I would/could carry that around. I would get too much beef from my friends/coworkers. If you are able to pull it off than more power to you Yep. Solution = a jacket with lots of pockets or a full size bag. Perhaps cargo pants on the weekends...
Quote: Originally Posted by sellahi22 I'm talking about the best fabrics from Alumo, DJA, SIC Tess, etc. Expect to pay 300+ from Hemrajani, Chan, etc. and much more from Ascot Chang. You're probably just thinking of a much lower grade of fabric than what Charvet sells. Interesting. If that's true, then Charvet is definitely the way to go. I guess I didn't realize that because I can get pretty much any fabrics for less through my source and my...