or Connect

Posts by sf_esq

Go with your Sperry size. I wear the same size in Quoddy as I do in Nike. I'd say athletic shoe sizing is about right. I ordered a pair online and was told they run true to size. I had to return them for 1/2 size larger. I suggest ordering the larger size.
Quote: Originally Posted by Waistcoat I had the Ardbeg 10. Uigeadail is more than I'm willing to pay for scotch right now, probably going to be a request for my birthday in September. The Laphroaig I had was the standard 10, had I enjoyed it more I would definitely have bought a bottle being that it's almost half the price of Ardbeg here. I'd like to try the Lap QC, but the only way I can do that here is to buy a bottle, and at $100 that's a bit too much...
Quote: Originally Posted by Waistcoat The Laphroaig I really didn't like the medicinal type flavour. Ardbeg (the 10 yo) I liked because the smoke really came through after the peat, but with the Laph all I tasted was iodine, really didn't do much for me. Top 3 or 4? Hmm. Talisker would probably be number 1, HP12 at 2, Crag 12 and Dal 15 tied at 3, Ardbeg at 4. Ask me the same thing in a couple of months and the Crag and Ardbeg will probably be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Waistcoat Three newly tasted scotches over the last week for me: Talisker - one word - delicious Laphroaig - people actually drink this stuff and enjoy it? Ardbeg - peaty campfire incredibleness (yes I'm aware I just made up a new word) Thanks for all the advice given so far in this thread, since I got in here about 6 months ago I've tried: JW black and green, Chivas, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Cragganmore 12, HP12,...
For a contrasting point of view, I purchased a pair of CJ shoes from Plal a couple of years ago. The transaction went smoothly and the shoes were arrived in good condition. I purchased another pair, handgrades, shortly thereafter, but they ended up being 1/2 a size too large so I returned them for a smaller size, but they were out of that size and the model was discontinued. I needed a specific shoe and they didn't have it, so I simply asked for a refund. At that time,...
Quote: Originally Posted by NAMOR +1. The horse hair works great on horse ass. Not so much with the calf Seems perfectly logical. Perhaps I need a cow hair brush for my calfskin shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThinkDerm wash and toss them in the dryer. problem solved. Thanks. I did, and they're still a hair too big. The cotton blend mid calf ones from Nordstrom fit me perfectly, but these were too large, even after being the dryer.
Even the "R" size ones are huge (for the designated sizes). They didn't shrink nearly enough, so I returned mine.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 I don't have any pictures, but I've found that C&J shells tend to be extremely caked with polish. This is my observation from 3 different pairs. I rubbed them down with a damp cloth about 50 times. Eventually the actual shell appeared. They are very nice now. This was the best thing I've read in this forum this year. Such a simple proposition, yet I hadn't even realized it. I brushed the hell out of mine...
Quote: Originally Posted by Derek92 So is the Grant tts or 1/2 size down? ... It's on the line. I had to size down. It's roomy, IMO.