or Connect

Posts by sf_esq

Quote: Originally Posted by vncrz Does anyone know who makes the Peal & Co perforated captoe, and can anyone attest to their quality? Having bought some Peal loafers which although nice could have been bought for less directly from Loake, I want to make sure before pulling the trigger. As far as I know, Loake doesn't make Peal shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by Alcibiades I just added a basic polo, a cashmere v neck, some chinos, and a sportcoat to my shopping cart, all were 30% off plus 15% Despite this, I agree that the sale selection is crap.
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungAmerican I'm Moving To Hawaii: Should I Buy Pineapples To Bring With Me? Classic. I wholly agree. Even if you decide to purchase OTR, HK has an excellent selection and prices are close to U.S. prices (differences are marginal, IMO). Even if you choose to buy in advance of your move, I assure you that eventually you will be tempted to try the tailoring route, so I would do it now. I suggest starting with one...
Nordstrom slim fit shirts are underrated and are a decent value during their sales or at Nordstrom rack.
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc Her bags start in the $2800 range. No bee logo, unless you want it. Fully bespoke and the sky's the limit in terms of what she can do. She believes her items speak for themselves, and I couldn't imagine her "requiring" anything that the customer didn't want. Huge range of colors, hides, etc., completely done by hand (no glue, no machines.) saddle stitching, and absolutely top-level leathers used. More pricey than...
Quote: Originally Posted by dan'l I've heard this many times with respect to Hartmann. My sister's tweed suitcase set still looks very nice, after nearly a couple decades of wear. I'm wondering if their newer stuff made in China holds up as well. I'll have to check where mine was made. I had heard of their declining quality when I bought mine, but am now curious where it was made.
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc I've heard this before, and continue to be amazed by it. I'm so surprised that they'd be willing to lose a sale just because they want to stick their logo on the front. That would be a deal breaker for me, as well; I'd rather the item speak for itself, without that ugly logo on front. I briefly considered Glaser when I was on the hunt for my bespoke piece, but wasn't thrilled with the selection or types of...
While we're at it, I'll put in my order for a pair of made black pebble grain v cleat wingtips as well.
Having visited the Glaser Designs showroom, I can vouch for their excellent quality and workmanship and very fair pricepoint. The issue I had was the logo. I didn't want a bag with a logo and they would not make one for me without it. So I passed. I have to also mention that I purchased a ballistic nylon work bag from Hartman at a huge discount almost 10 years ago. I figured it would last a couple of years. I have carried it nearly every day for the last decade and...
Quote: Originally Posted by tacobender I was shocked to hear if you paid in cash, you were not refunded in cash. Typically you are owed the money in the manner you paid with, exception being large purchases. If you paid 4500 cash for a purple lable suit at a smaller market store, they might not keep that much cash on hand in the store (very few people paying with cash these days, their daily deposits must be small). They would have to mail you a check....