or Connect

Posts by sf_esq

Quote: Originally Posted by nahneun Definitely enjoyed Highland 12 more than Macallan 12 as well. Similarly priced, as well. I tried the Lagavulin based on people's suggestions, but it's waaaaaaay too peaty and smoky for me. I'm not at that level of whisky yet. I felt the same way the first time I tried Lagavulin. I went to a local store and the guy working there recommended Bruichaladdich Peat. Costs about the same as bottle of Lagavulin. ...
Macallan 12 was definitely my gateway, and a great all rounder. It's not very smoky though. I think Highland Park 12 is another great all rounder, and is one step up on smokiness from Macallan 12.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyoung05 My friends describe it as burned liquid band-aids - I love it. The first time I tried Lagavulin, that's about what I thought. Could barely drink it.
Quote: Originally Posted by I<3Bacon If your palate is enjoying the peatier side of whisky, give Ardbeg Uigeadail or Corryvreckan a go (both superior to the Nam Beist, IMO). Yeah, I'm quite looking forward to trying the Uigeadail. I actually just received my bottle of Nam Beist today. I had to hunt for it because it's sold out everywhere and no longer in production, haven't even tried it yet. Uigeadail may be next.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyoung05 Try Lagavulin 16yr - it's amazing.... Thanks, tried it. The first time I tried it was when I was still in Speyside, so it was bit too peaty and bold for me, the second time was better. I may have to give it a third, now that I'm really enjoying the Laphroaig QC. Great stuff.
I started with Macallan 12, the gateway. Drank it over the course of a year (I was a novice). Bought a bottle of Macallan 18, dank it over the course of a month. That was it. Since then (about 5 months ago), I have purchased the following (in order of purchase): Aberlour Abunadh Suntory Yamazaki 12 Balvenie Doublewood Bruichaladdich Peat Balvenie Madeira Highland Park 18 Glenmorangie Nectar D'or Oban 14 Springbank 10 Laphroaig QC Ardbeg Nam Beist I went...
For what it's worth, I sized down 1/2 size in mine.
Florsheims sound intersting.
Final Reductions. Thanks!