or Connect

Posts by bossman08

Quote: Originally Posted by dano Not sure, my last experience with Gilt returns was almost 2 years ago. If your interested in the MTM route, I would suggest reading up in the Men's forum, they have many threads about it. The leading contenders over there seem to be modern tailor and my tailor (Hemarajani Brothers). Sea Island would be on the more expensive end, $89 seems in line for that quality. As I said earlier in this thread, and you will probably...
Well its been a year and a half since I tried Modern Tailor, so maybe things have changed. I attended one of the sessions in my town and picked what I thought was one of the cheaper fabrics, but it was still abou $89. I think it was one of the sea island cotton varieties...not sure if the tailor tried to upsell me without mentioning the less expensive fabrics or what. How much do you pay for the shirts dano? I agree that Gilt is a terrible suggestion. They still have...
MTM is not cheap...I don't know why people keep insisting this. At MyTailor, the total price of one shirt is going to be $88-$100. Not to mention, you're going to have to wait 3 weeks or more for the shirt to arrive. Suggesting Dior and those other high fashion brands is equally ridiculous. Some of you who are complaining that this topic keeps popping up are only prolonging the issue by giving poor advice. From what I gather, the OP is an average guy (or student) just...
Quote: Originally Posted by puddin some shirts have extra fabric built into the cuff so that you can let them out. you can feel this if you run your hand across the cuff. you can buy these shirts in a size that fits and let them out. What brands offer this detail?
I have a few staple items for sale here. I accept PayPal, but please add 3% if you're not sending as a 'gift'. Let me know if you need any measurements. Thanks! NWT Club Monaco Reece Oxford Shirt, size Medium - $40 shipped Great shirt, just a little short in the sleeves for me. A slimmer fit, but not too slim or tight by any means. NWT Thin Red Line French Cuff Dress Shirts. One is a light blue twill, while the other is a white herringbone. The blue twill is...
I have a few staple items for sale here. I accept PayPal, but please add 3% if you're not sending as a 'gift'. Let me know if you need any measurements. Thanks! NWT Club Monaco Reece Oxford Shirt, size Medium - $40 shipped Great shirt, just a little short in the sleeves for me. A slimmer fit, but not too slim or tight by any means. NWT Thin Red Line French Cuff Dress Shirts. One is a light blue twill, while the other is a white herringbone. The blue twill is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt Any of you guys have experience removing the moose logo on the buttonup shirts? +1 I'm interested in the oxford shirts and want to remove the moose w/o removing the pocket.
Quote: Originally Posted by BB1 BS, the client will often change in order to fit in. A lot of people choose to comply with these dress codes, even if they don't entirely like it. It's simply the path of least resistance for them. That there are others in this thread (whom mostly wear sneakers in their fit pics) talking about needing the proper shoes provides us with some antidotal proof of this. It's analogous to most office environments. Most...
I tried on a couple of the A&F button up shirts the other day for the first time and I must say I was impressed by the fit. They are well constructed and fit better off the rack than any of the other mall-brands, in addition to Ralph Lauren and like. They have comparable designs to any other standard brand, including a few bountique types seen on the forum. The cotton oxfords are nice and sturdy....sleeves are a bit long, but that works for me. Any tailor can shorten...
Quote: Originally Posted by clotheshorse69 A couple offerings. First up is a basic pair of tan casual pants by RLPL. Sz. 34, but reduced to a 33 (can be redone to a 34 if taken to an alteration shop). 100% wool (some very soft wool, if I may say so) with thigh lining. 31.5" leg, but lots of material to let out. Slightly trimmed legs, but none of that "skinny" business. Cuffs. Suspender buttons sewn in. Gently used. No obvious signs of wear...