or Connect

Posts by clubman

Quote: Originally Posted by blackbowtie I went to UCL,and I'm only aware of this tie: http://www.smartturnout.co.uk/acatalog/info_UCL_11.html , which I don't care much for. Is the UCL Field Club tie a different one? That's the field club tie. There is another (house tie) that is much more sedate. I think that the field club tie is a double-take of a tie and it amuses me to wear it occasionally.
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyoneill Veered wildly from the thread subject. But here we are anyway: Good the Warburg Institute University College London (UCL) The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) Courtauld Institute of Art Dross Birkbeck, University of London Goldsmiths, University of London (GUL) Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL) Royal Holloway, University of London (RHUL) School of Oriental and African...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingstonian I asked for confirmation. I am aware that you used to get a hostile response from a few posters. I thought may be because of your association to London Lounge or maybe because you had written a book. You seemed able to defend yourself, though I can imagine it may be tiresome to be attacked before you have even gotten into your stride - particularly if you do not like swearing. I would be surprised if FNB had...
Quote: Originally Posted by Siggy ^ ha, good ones. Clubman, another admirer of your book here, which I read right after it was released. It is quirky fun and interesting. I also noted that it is prominently displayed in the window of Foster & Son in Jermyn St. (and in at least one other Jermyn St. shop). Thank you Siggy - some people miss the fun that I intended but I am glad that you found it. I know that Foster's has it in stock and am...
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD @ clubman: you're world-famous in The Netherlands as well: http://www.stijlforum.nl/SMF/index.p...html#msg216346 Interesting book, by the way; thank you for writing it. What nice chaps there are on Style Forum!! Thank you for reading it!!
Quote: Originally Posted by newtrane @clubman: I started reading your book yesterday and very much enjoy it. I am pleased to read this and thanks for telling me.
Lasbar - thank you. You are right but this time they can put up or shut up! Interestingly, someone has copied my challenge onto the FNB board and started a thread asking whether I have been banned and the reason and, despite joining in the exchange, so far, FNB has answered neither question. First of all my log-in attempt was blocked on account of an alleged virus threat from this address - same thing from an internet cafe - different address - and then my membership was...
Quote: Originally Posted by clubman After I saw some of the bitching about the LL, I had my say. their point seemed to be that the LL comprises 'Yes Men' - and so I sought to discover to what extent the FNB members are not - and, it turns out that, so far as free expression is concerned, they are 'No Men' - in both senses - and there we are - so, not so much drunk in the tank as a patient observer biding my time - and, frankly, so far as their 'debates'...
Quote: Originally Posted by dopey Being thrown out of the drunk tank for fighting doesn't prove that you are sober. Just sayin' After I saw some of the bitching about the LL, I had my say. their point seemed to be that the LL comprises 'Yes Men' - and so I sought to discover to what extent the FNB members are not - and, it turns out that, so far as free expression is concerned, they are 'No Men' - in both senses - and there we are - so, not...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton The SR guys understand "tux" but they don't have any patience with or affection for the word. Angus Cundey is very proud of Henry Poole's role in James Brown Potter's export to Tuxedo Park and del Monico's.