or Connect

Posts by Man of Wealth and Taste

I'm not the OP, but I can tell you the first suit is a Base B and the second is Base A. The posting date would be when TF still had bases rather than fits. Tom Ford tends to run pretty long (as the first picture demonstrates). You should go in to a TF store (or a store with a TF area) and do some trying on.
This is real, but older, maybe late 80's early 90's - not sure, but it's at least 15 years old.
It's not Tom Ford, it lacks both the minor signifiers (five button cuffs and ticket pocket) and the major ones (milanese lapel hole). It might be Armani Collezioni, as their Su Misura is made-to-measure, but regardless of who made it, you may not be able to find it online. As an aside, the upward pointing lapels you like are called "peak lapels", if you're searching for something similar.
Just chiming in with another thank you to our man Spoo. Have to let the vest out, which hurts that I have to wait before I can wear it out.
Sorry for being presumptuous. The one drawback of deletion of the spam/troll posts, you lose a bit of context.
I don't think it's the same website. Matt's is "thesuitsofjamesbond.com", this is "jamesbondsuits.com". If you click the "blog" part, it goes to something else entirely.I agree with your advice on treading carefully, but I don't think it's directed to the right person.
These are real
Base C is slim. Not as slim as Base B, which in my experience requires a full size down, but slim for sure. This suit is a steal at this price.
The Pour Homme line (and that label) predate the YSL embroidery. When they started doing that it was white lable "Yves St. Laurent" and white label "Yves St. Laurent -Rive Gauche-". Sorry
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOM-FORD-2013-GrayBlack-Birdseye-Woven-Slim-Lapel-2Btn-Slim-Fit-Wool-Suit-42R-/161206886562 What is going on with those lapels? Has anyone seen anything like this before? Was this OTR? Did Tom Ford design it that way? Did someone have their tailor do that? WHY?