or Connect

Posts by fuji

Do you find this has helped you at all in UK interviews? I've never been asked any technicals. Most technical question I've had is to write buy/sell recommendations on british super markets. I've heard in the US they actually ask you questions about models in interviews, but in the UK everything always seemed fit based and motivational.
Decline is safer on shoulders?
Depends on the field you want to go into I suppose. I doubt anyone would care if your applying for IBD or MC other then maybe getting you the interview as it shows intelligence. It's not like you're going to use martingales in excel. They might value it more in trading, but again for most roles your never going to need that high level math. I mainly hear about people with Phds in math or statistics taking it so they know how to apply what they know in a finance setting. On...
enjoy having your plates move around during your lifts. Your going to end up racking the hex bar on the bit your supposed to mount plates on so when you put the plates on the bar they're going to slide inwards as you lift.
Seems they're mainly owned by fidelity now.
why do you want one of those?
Cutting during exams is the easiest because your distracted all day and not thinking about food. All I ate during my exams in my first year of uni was a pack of mackeral on 2 rolls every night when I got home.
haha, i just get defensive because i've had interviewers think all my degree is is just doing R or stata with some probability courses so I have to explain its actually very quant and theres only 1 half module that involves any computers.
Is applied math even math? If your not defining really obvious things like what a limit means or what the integers are or what even is an integral then is it even maths? So excite for some measure theory so I can define what area really means! You can use as much maths as you want in statistics, martingales and brownian motion and stochastic calculus/processes all require a very strong mathematical background.
are you here now? How long for again? I'm in London now but I have to be back in Cambridge for Friday, but then I can come back.