or Connect

Posts by MHH89

Nope, Marist. Vassar did have a great bar up there called the Dutch Tavern
I went to school in Poughkeepsie and I always loved going to the CIA for dinner. It was tough to get reservations on short notice though. Also check out some of the restaurants around Poughkeepsie and Hyde Park. I know a number of CIA grads opened some great restaurants around that area +1 on the Terrapin in Rhinebeck. The Hyde Park brewery is good for lunch and or a quick beer Finally if you are looking for something fun to do check out the Rhinebeck Aerodrome....
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel do you really want to get into institutional sales? Or for that matter, this business at all? At this point I would basically work for free to just get sales desk experience.
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel do you really want to get into institutional sales? Or for that matter, this business at all? Absolutely
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I don't know what this means. Hopefully you can express your thoughts more clearly in interviews. Bottom line is that if you are applying for sales position and you have either an MBA or CFA, you are going to be a cut above an applicant who only has a college degree. I personally think that a person with a CFA has a better chance than someone with an MBA in a sales trading environment only because the CFA...
I think having an MBA is a great way to get into sales but having the choice between an MBA and CFA, you have to go with the CFA.
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung What would be a better asset, MBA or CFA? CFA hands down
Hey Guys For the past two years I have been trying to make a move into institutional sales from my current role in the middle office. I have no real sales experience so I have been applying for junior sales assistant/sales analyst roles. I have been landing a few interviews but I am always told that I do not have enough experience etc etc. I have basically exhausted my network and was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on how I might better position myself for a...
Cape Cod just recently brought back the Sour Cream and Onion flavor that was gone since the early 1990's.
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I ended up connecting with a few individuals at the company and not someone in HR. I'm planning on emailing them in a month just to reconnect and to let them know I am still interested in any roles. Initially, I was thought that they were just giving me lip service when they said to keep in touch. I think after I email them I will have a better grasp on where I stand. Thanks again for all the assistance.