or Connect

Posts by mattjames

This question demonstrates the sheer madness that is the multi-racial state. Real nations shouldn't and don't have to deal with this.
WorkingTitle, could you tell me how tall you are?
Is it just the angle or are the buttons positioned differently on WorkingTitle's suit in comparison to Opoika's at the top of the page? They both look very nice. I'm getting something of a Dior vibe from WorkingTitle's. It would be interesting to know when we're looking at deviations from the house style, even if it's just a minor thing such as length. Both of the above jackets look normal length, rather than the shorter look which Jason often does.
Quote: Originally Posted by texas_jack You mean yours. I make no apologies for being rational and honest when it comes to these subjects. Try it yourself sometime if you can stand not getting the "+1's" from your peers.
As for the question, I believe that we're talking about aggregates here, or averages, when it comes to what constitutes 'acting White' and 'acting Black'. I don't believe that 'acting Black' alludes to behaving as the worst of the race, as somebody suggested. Any number of notable Black figures (as well as ordinary people) who don't fit the terrible rap/ghetto thug mold don't act White, and it could be fairly said that they show Black behavioural traits, tastes and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rome I would probably changed "colored" to "ethnic" or just plain "black" if that what your going after. Unless of course you ment to sound like Strom Thurmond. I keep trying, and failing, to understand why "people of color" is properly respectful and courteous - but "colored people" is a deadly insult denoting deep-seated racism. Somebody help me out here. Sayyyy...you don't suppose it could just be a semantic...
Ezra Klein said this: ''Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. They enmesh you in a grander moment, as if history has stopped flowing passively by, and, just for an instant, contracted around you, made you aware of its presence, and your role in it. He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh, over color, over despair.'' This is REALLY creepy stuff.
Quote: Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe MattJames, We already established that the OP's manager was in the wrong, however racially driven organizations have private meetings all the time, regardless of whether it is a White Supremist group or a Black Supremist group. What makes this wrong, was the fact that this was a work driven event, one in which I felt was inappropriately handled. It certainly was not established that the OP's...
Let them have their racially exclusive meetings. Just don't let them hear about yours.
Those unlined ties have a sort of slightly uneven appearance. Is this a feature of unlined ties and considered a desirable quality?