Posts by WSW

It's the Spring/Summer for 2017 collection. Field shirt is very neat.
I am also surprised that AP has not introduced an in-house chrono movement to compete with VC and Patek. Maybe the existing 1185 and the modular chrono used on the ROOs are selling very well still? I asked at the AP boutique in NY a couple of years back and had been told that it was coming soon. Still waiting to see it.
Still the same movement. I too never understood why they increased the RO chrono from 39 mm to 41 mm. Really threw off the proportions. AP already has the ROO line for those who want bigger watches. It doesn't make sense to mess with the classic lines as well.
Just finished episode 2. Nice modern take on "The Adventure of the Dying Detective", including the pun in the episode's title. Very intriguing twist at the end. Hope this continues for the season conclusion.
Really? Curious as to what you were not impressed with. My own experience from the two recent pairs that I own are that the main style Lanvins (captoe and suede) are very well done. The sole is durable rubber and I believe stitched to the body. The leather used throughout seems good quality for sneakers and the suede is fairly supple. Also, Lanvins can be reliably found on sale for 50% off or more, compared to the Levahs that I've seen on sale once for $400 ish.
I haven't tried it but the Levah is really out of place in the John Lobb lineup. Seems wiser going with established high end sneakers like Lanvin, Common Projects, etc.
Thomas Preik - It's nearly indistinguishable in shape, form and size from the OEM solid caseback. I've had it on for over a year and have swam with it without any problems at all.
Thomas Preik - It's nearly indistinguishable in shape, form and size from the OEM solid caseback. I've had it on for over a year and have swam with it without any problems at all.
Ralph Lauren has definitely been overexposed. At the top of the food chain, it was never really clear to me the differences between Blue Label and Black Label. Black Label only seemed to be a slimmer and more fashion forward version of Blue Label, but with close to Purple Label prices. I suspect they had similar problems downstream.
RIP - 2016 keeps getting worse.