or Connect

Posts by Leslierc

Quote: Originally Posted by sartort at the request of jimmyoneill, here are some various Barker Blacks, some of which I have sold recently, including rioni's pair above. Archdale Wingtip - Antique Chesnut Calf Wolfe Bit Loafer - Pewter Calf (it's really more grey than this, the flash brings out the brown undertones) Straton Wholecut - Black Calf from my collection... My MTO Crown Loafers on the Ashfield last...
My resolution is to not shop at all for clothing and non-essential items in 2009, put some of that money in savings, and spend the rest on charity. I am one of those persons who has a good income and a fairly secure job, and I feel like it's time for me to give even more back. I am sharing this decision because there may be some of you who think as I do that I really don't need any more material items and that a better way to demonstrate my prosperity is to share it with...
Sorry to throw cold water on this thread, but you've got to wonder about the intelligence of this decision. Job losses are occurring by the tens of thousands per month, and those (including myself) predicting a turnaround of this trend are saying that such is still several years off. Only 2 months ago, Saks was selling suits, shoes, and other items at 70% mark-down. Who, in these times, is paying $7K for an off-the-rack Kiton suit with all of the uncertainty that's out...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1231...Tabs%3Darticle The White Shirt: A Roving Quest For Perfection Article Slideshow Comments (13) more in Fashion »Email Printer Friendly Share: Yahoo Buzz facebook MySpace LinkedIn Digg del.icio.us NewsVine StumbleUpon Mixx Text Size By CHRISTINA BINKLEY To get the new year off to a good start, let's start with a blank slate: the white shirt. In recent years, men turned to shirt colors as vibrant as the booming...
There's a Church's in Rome near the bottom of the Spanish Steps.
With more than 500,000 jobs lost in the U.S. in November, I don't want to see ANY enterprise in this country go out of business. It affects all of us as well as our communities when stores like the ones mentioned in this thread close. Please don't confuse frustration with impolite or snooty salespeople with the benefits that retail stores provide to the economy. If you're angry about a store's merchandising or staff, let them know; they're more interested in your...
Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff first of all, employees rarely get 30% off at these types of dept stores. second, they have a strict rule against abusing employee discounts for anyone besides themselves and their family. if you did get one to help you with their employee discount, either he/she is reckless or they did not know that if found out can get them fired on the spot. I used my wife's discount which, for this sale is 54%!
Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff you mean total 279 for both shoes, or 279 each?? For both pairs! This was the Saks at Mazza Gallerie in D.C. I'm going back tomorrow.
Today I snagged a pair of Ferragamo suede motorcycle boots and a pair of A Testoni suede monk strap shoes, $279 for both! Also, added a Brioni sportcoat for $600, 3 Armani sweaters for $280, a Jill Sander sweater for $85, and Etro and Dior shirts for $150. This is not a joke!
Quote: Originally Posted by Christofuh @ Leslierc Does you NM stock Lobb monks ? I saw 4 styles of Lobbs, but no monks. Saw a beautiful pair of Kiton monks at 40% off (originally $2200).