or Connect

Posts by N. McKay

I live in eastern Canada, where there's snow on the ground for four months of the year (mixed with road salt on the sidewalks). My solution is to wear overshoes (the toe rubber kind). I have a pair from Swimm that have a soft lining that won't ruin the polish.Keeping up a good polish is also useful, of course, for any time you encounter some weather and are without overshoes.
I really like the ceramic-lined pans from Paderno, and I see from the link in your first post above that they're now dishwasher safe. They definitely stand up better than Teflon and they seem to produce a better sear (but not quite as good as cast iron).
What's that musical piece?
In Canada the usual place for military and police members to wear their poppies was traditionally on the left side of their hats. As far as I know the RCMP still wear it there, but armed forces members changed to the left lapel (or corresponding location on clothing that has no lapel) ten to fifteen years ago. The usual theory on why is that someone took exception to seeing them poppyless in offices and other circumstances where hats are not normally worn.It's still...
It's not something I've had a lot of trouble with. It's usually enough to make a small adjustment to my hat and/or cant my head slightly so that the wind acts on top of the brim (to hold it on my head) rather than under the brim (tending to lift it off).
Yes, make that thee in favour of Plymouth.
I've found very few stains that Shout gel can't get rid of.
Quote: Originally Posted by changy i find it weird when north americans use cheers It's seen fairly often in the Canadian Forces. I've always assumed that it was imported from Germany when we had a large presence there, but perhaps we picked it up from the British.
I normally take mine off indoors, with exceptions like the common areas of public buildings and shopping malls. Quote: Originally Posted by caxt Something I find interesting is how many here who consider wearing a hat indoors to be bad etiquette, feel perfectly at ease asking others to remove their hats - a far more serious breach in my understanding. Agreed. I sometimes joke that half of the reason for wearing a hat is to be able to...
If all attempts to remove the stain fail, would it be feasible to have some sort of label sewn on over it as an alternative to relining the jacket?