or Connect

Posts by jerrysfriend

Quote: Appears that Brooks Bros. has their 25% off sale started on the Peals...does anyone remember how long this runs?  Couple of weeks, I hope?  Seems like it did not start until after Christmas last year.  Also looks like on the website that a couple of models, namely the regular cap toes (not the perfed ones) are still regular-priced at $378.  Most everything is at the $283.50.     IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=225&pageNo=0&sortBy=]Brooks...
Quote: This is really a question for all those who have bought both J&M Handmades and Grensons from Bennies. l'm a Grenson (bennies) size 7.5 (originally intended for Cordonnerie Anglaise PARIS), what size J&M [Handmade] is best for me? Would a size 8E J&M Handmade fit me o.k? (Note; the size 7.5 Grenson E width would be better fitting if it was a D width. Therefore, my feet are wide but not too wide). My 10D in the Handmades and Grensons fit just...
My meeting with Jerry. A stronge symbol = An American & a French guy of 2 different generations met to talk about clothes. How could it have been possible without internet and this forum?[/quote] Well said, Ernest. And not just the first meeting at our hotel-one lunch with him, 3 dinners (two with his girlfriend) and many hours talking and shopping together in Paris.
Quote: quote] Hey, I saw her too, and she does look like GP, even if ernest doesn't really like blondes.... I confess. I showed Chris some pictures when I took him the shoes to mail to Ernest for me.
Quote: This whole thread is based on stereotypes, which we can all recognise and be amused at, and one of the main ones mentioned has been how American tourists believe in the most outdated stereotypes of the countries they visit. This works both ways though, as in these countries there exist widely held stereotypical views of the very same Americans. A major aspect of this stereotype is that they are though to unbelievably insular, and so very badly informed...
[quote] Quote: Originally Posted by esquire.,21 Dec. 2004, 07:38 Happy b-day Ernest, When you post a picture of your shoes, why not put up a picture of your girlfriend as well? I'd like to see how much she actually resembles Gwenneth Paltrow. She doesn't look like GP so much. Just a little. I disagree. I saw her and thinks she looks just like GP (and is very smart and sweet, too) -but cannot post pictures of her without Ernest's permission. If...
Quote: Edit: BTW, and no offense meant to anyone who has/likes those AEs above, but those are truly hideous, IMO. AE makes something even worse looking IMO; another somewhat similiar looking whole-cut to the one above, but in a derby model. Louie has some at Bennie's, but is returning them to AE.
Quote: How narrow do the J&M Handgrades run? If I'm a 9.5C in the Grensons, and they're snug, though will be fine, would a 9.5B J&M Handgrade be out of the question? Thanks in advance The two 9.5Bs that I saw both have the shovel sole, which certainly looks wide. See http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....sfriend but the 5 pairs I bought all have the regular sole. A 9.5B in those would probably be too narrow for you, as they run very true to size,...
Church's New Yorker model is a completely plain whole cut. I have three pairs-two in black and one in brown. See: http://www.churchsshoes.com/TEMPLAT....roup=84
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by jerrysfriend,17 Dec. 2004, 07:08 I sent him a gift (Chris mailed it for me) a while back, but he has not received it yet. A pair of Brooks' Peal (Crockett & Jones) black wingtips. [quote Never knew Chris had any C&J at bennies. He does not; he just helped me with the mailing to Paris out as he is more familiar than I am with shipping to Europe. Nice of him. Although Chris does not have...