or Connect

Posts by jerrysfriend

Quote: JF, what sort of cut are you looking for? (I realize I might have just opened the door for an "American Trad Haircuts" thread.) A Trad haircut is just what I want, as most people think I am still mired in 1962, prior to the English invasion from Liverpool.
I tried Joe Mole when in New York (Lex near 73rd) at Chistmas and got a great cut. Over the years, I found, and then eventually buried, three good barbers in Atlanta. Now I cannot find a good one. Anybody have any suggestions?
Anyone know who makes these? Looks like stitched aloft sole, so thay do not appear to be either Grenson or EG. I did not know that Paul Stuart had another English supplier. http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws....88&rd=1
Quote: It was on sale on Amazon.com a couple years ago. I even gave my bespoke tailor a copy as a gift. Strange, I gave a copy to my tailor 6-8 months ago. Lot of people, including me, reviewed the book at http://www.amazon.com/exec....1311305 If I could find another copy at a good price, I would send it to Ernest, a big Church's fan.
[quote My mother has an extensive battery of clothes brushes she uses on coats, jackets, pants.  Something tells me it may be more common practice in Europe than in the US, for example. quote] Europeans are big on brushing and airing clothes. They smoke more over there and I am sure this helps to remove odors. However, spot cleaning plus regular brushing and airing (bright sunlight kills moth eggs) is a good alternative to dry-cleaning to prevent moth damage. Drycleaning...
Quote: I wore the Church "Kingsley" bookbinder tassel loafers through the late '80s and '90s. No problem with creasing or cracking-much better in this regard than the Crockett and Jones loafers from Polo I had during this period. No abnormal sole or heel issues. I notice that 'jerrysfriend' still has versions of this shoe. Yes, in retrospect (especially after reading the posts on this board), the leather looked more like plastic and the shape was not classic...
Take a look: http://www.bluefly.com/pages....bizrate Not a bad looking shoe and a great price-5 sizes left. I especially like the fact that it comes with khaki canvas instead of leather as the contrasting part and a wooden heel
Quote: Quote: (jerrysfriend @ 28 Dec. 2004, 05:15) Quote: Originally Posted by mussel,26 Dec. 2004, 9:12 Saks - For 12/26 only, 50% off ticketed price before noon and 40% after.  Not many shoes left by the time I got there.  There're some Cheaneys marked down to $112.  Gianluca Isaia suit down to $860.  Lucino Barbera Collezoni Sartoriale suit $1000.  Zegna suits $730. H&K shirt $75. Brooks Bros. - 25% off all shoes except...
Quote: Saks - For 12/26 only, 50% off ticketed price before noon and 40% after.  Not many shoes left by the time I got there.  There're some Cheaneys marked down to $112.  Gianluca Isaia suit down to $860.  Lucino Barbera Collezoni Sartoriale suit $1000.  Zegna suits $730. H&K shirt $75. Brooks Bros. - 25% off all shoes except cordovans which are $50 off.  $698 on all Golden Fleece suits.  Add'l 15% off entire purchase thru 12/27, cordovan...
Quote: nothing, I am not a child anymore. too bad. maybe I will send something. Maybe it is on the way already.