or Connect

Posts by jerrysfriend

Ernest refuses to believe this after his experiences with us in Paris, but we celebrated St. Valentines Day, as always, at Johnny Rocket's -cheeseburbgers, "American" fries, and milk shakes.
Quote: jerrysfriend, I agree with you about the familiarity of service at some restaurants, especially high end ones.   One question I have for you, is which restaurants have you dined at in Las Vegas and New York, and which were your favorites? I have never been to Vegas (not my kind of place) but often go to NYC. I find some VERY famous places there not to my liking. I think that the emperor has no clothes as to The Four Seasons, Le Cirque,...
Quote: Atlanta: Chops Bones Magiannos Fogo de Chao Seeger's Abruzzi Nava Atlanta Fsh Market Veni, Vidi, Vici Pano's and Paul's 103 West Prime Pricci's And lest us not forget the largest fast food place in the world: The Varsity Come to Atlanta and enjoy, it is more than fried chicken. My purely personal opinions and thoughts on the recommended Atlanta places: First, I have a big problem with the service with the Buckhead Life Group restaurants and...
This is going to be the most notorious clothing (or lack thereof) event at the Regency Hotel since the one mentioned here, which took place in room 514. "Frank Gifford's Mistress Exposed in Playboy "by Marcus Errico Aug 8, 1997, 6:20 PM PT "Better cover your eyes, Kathie Lee: Wayward hubby Frank Gifford's onetime paramour, Suzen Johnson, will bare all in November's Playboy, sources at the magazine confirmed Friday. "For those of you comatose for the past few months,...
I thought it was funny, but I wondered about the restaurants. They sure did not look like places in Burgundy or the Loire. I have only been to California twice, once for business, and did not go to wine country. Do the supposedly top restaurants for wine in California look like those scruffy road-houses, with such badly dressed and groomed staff and guests, or were they simply in the wrong part of the State?
[quote] Quote: Originally Posted by ernest,Feb. 11 2005,18:56 Plus, old E., remember that you are now the best dressed man in Paris now that Ken has departed? For 8 days in Paris, I took: (a) a Chester Barrie double breasted gray suit, (b) a Fallon & Harvey bespoke charcoal chalk stripe suit, © a Norman Hilton dark grey flannel suit, (d) a Chester Barrie navy double breasted blazer (left it behind; Ernest is taking care of it for me) (e) a...
Quote: I'd have to agree with that last post.  However, a lot of the folks I know who dress well and are concerned with that, are also very well-read and have pretty refined tastes outside of fashion.  I am only recently becoming more concerned with fashion, but have loved great cuisine, literature, art (mostly film), and so on for most of my life.  Of course, humans are humans, so I think overgeneralizations rarely work in any instance.  Also, many of the...
Quote: Mr. Pollock, You have in all probability the finest shoe wardrobe of anybody in this forum. You have obviously been acquiring shoes over a long period of time. Have you experienced any changes in sizing? The fact that my feet did change in size about 17 years ago makes me less rueful that I wasn't acquiring good shoes in the days of my young manhood or even early middle age. My feet have grown a little, but not as much as Chris said they...
Quote: I will say one thing about things getting bigger and smaller, as I look down and my waist gets smaller, 42 to a 33, something seems to be etting much larger...even my wife has noticed, gosh, if I loose to much weight I may have to join a carnival.........IMO Seems like a lot of wishful thinking going on here.
Quote: quote] Jcusey: your a sick man. l'm going to get J to do the same for me too. Jcusey is my brother in arms - a classic shoo nerd.   Hooray for Jcusey. I may be sicker. My shoe cupboard is getting out of control. Since my home is one mile from my office and since I often come home for lunch, the answer to trying to wear them all more frequently may be to change shoes at lunchtime. Vass reccomends wearing new shoes for only 3-4 hours the...