or Connect

Posts by jerrysfriend

I understand that ties by Hermes, Drakes, Kiton and Gucci are handmade while those by John Comfort and Faconable are just "hand finished." What is the difference? Isn't the back seam hand sewn on all of them hand sewn? Whay else is done by hand on the handmades? To me, all six brands seem of similiar very high quality.
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by alchimiste,Mar. 10 2005,17:43 Quote: Originally Posted by uppercase,Mar. 11 2005,05:32 Yes, the slap is girly. Machine gun him. A slap is meant as an insult, not as physical harm. If you wear gloves use your glove to do this. Obviously you've never watched Jerry Springer. Coincidence. Jerry Springer and I were college fraternity brothers at Tulane in the early...
I only said that did not have the clout to complain to the other diner (and did not even consider any conduct which would have led to unpleasantness). I only said the cap LESSENED the pleasure of the evening for me and took away SOME of the grandness I was hoping for. I only asked if I should have complained to the manager before or after the man left about the restaurant not having a proper dress code and thereby damaging the evening for some customers. I did not suggest...
From Emily Post: See http://www.emilypost.com/ask_us/question_archive.htm For the week of February 9, 2004 Q. I know back in the day, it was bad manners for a man to wear a hat (baseball cap) to the table. My grown sons wear them all the time and my husband is forever getting upset if they wear their hats to the table. If we have a formal dinner, such as holidays, they always remove them. Is it now acceptable for them to wear their hats to the table for casual meals? A....
I am in favor of an even split, but there can be problems. My wife and I used to eat out regularly with another couple, a multi-millionaire doctor and his wife. I am not wealthy. We always split but there were a few episodes; one place we often went to took cash only; the bill would come and I put down 1/2 and approximately a 20% tip. He always put down 1/2 plus $1 (he could have been leaving this little at other places, but I had never looked at what he was writing on...
There was an episode of the Soprano's in which Tony, while eating in his favorite restaurant, spied a nearby diner wearing a baseball cap. He immediately arose, approached the man and told him to remove his cap. After a few second's hesitation, the customer seemed to recognize who Tony was and removed the cap.   I recently ate at the Gotham Bar and Grill. I spied a nearby diner wearing a baseball cap, but I did nothing. I was wearing a Savile Row bespoke suit, a shirt by...
Quote: When I first saw the identical "Made in England" soles, I thought the similarity was odd. I have just bought Grenson monkstraps and they are literally the same - I mean identical - to the Edward Green monkstraps for Ralph Lauren on the 89 last.  Down to the last stitch. Are we sure these companies are independent?  If so, how can Grenson (or EG) copy each other's shoes? It is not surprising that your Grensons and EG's have the same sole. I...
It appears that Brooks is making some effort to improve with better Martin Greenfield suits and heavier ply cashmere sweaters. However, it is also simultaneously going the other way. I am talking about having most of it's Peal shoes made by Alfred Sargent, instead of C&J. Furthermore, I would guess that 90% of the shirts it sells are "no-iron." When you stop to think about it, no other "good" store (Nieman's, Bergdorf's, Saks, J. Press, Louis, etc.) sells such shirts....
Quote: How many overcoats does Detective Fontana have anyway? My wife laughs at me as I comment on his clothes as we watch.  I enjoy the new character but no one can replace Jerry O. And how will we be able to replace Dennis Franz satorically? It is hard to determine whether he was dressed worse as Andy Sipowicz in "NYPD Blue," with his [usually] brown clothing, his short sleeve shirts and polyester ties, or long ago, as detective Norman Buntz, in...
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by Alexander Kabbaz,Feb. 27 2005,15:58 But you left out the most important thing: Did you get to meet Ernest, or was the whole trip for nothing? I did in my recent foray to Paris.  A smart, charming, and very well-dressed young man.  His spoken English is really quite good.  I regret that due to communications problems, mostly on my end, we only met the one-time.  I suspect he could have been quite...