or Connect

Posts by jerrysfriend

Quote: Quote: (Roger @ June 20 2005,23:16) Please excuse my ignorance, but I thought that the British E width was considered a somewhat narrow fitting. Is this not correct? A British E usually corresponds with an American D. In other words, it's a medium width, not narrow. In my experience an EG E is a USA D, but a Church's or C&J E is a USA C.
LS Men's Clothing in NYC carries a ton of H. Freeman at similiar or lower prices than Sierra. http://www.lsmensclothing.com/ Call and ask for Izzy.
Quote: Visit the Galarie Louise and the adjacent Galarie Toison d'or, entrances on Avenue Louise/Louisalaan and Ave. de la Toison d'or/Waterloolaan (this is right near the Weston store).  You will find many stores there including Crossword (or Crossroad?) that sells good quality men's suits such as Belvest and Stefanobi shoes.  Also in one of those Galaries on the 2nd floor (1st floor for Europeans) is a store selling Rafaello Caruso suits.  Across Ave. de la...
IMO Drakes, along with Charles Hill (makers of T&A'a ties at one time; not sure of present) are the top two English tiemakers. The best book about ties that I have read about ties was written by a Frenchman with a bit of a bais toward Charvet and Hermes. It is a lovely book, but is poorly bound; mine is falling apart. See: http://www.amazon.com/exec....=glance
I do remember reading an article years ago saying that the "big three" of Hollywood were Liam Neeson, James Woods and Willem Defoe. I am not sure who provided the info. Maybe it was Julia Roberts. The article also said, however, that the best endowed of all time was Milton Berle. This is not the exact article that I remember, but it is also on the subject matter: http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archive....NT.html I note that none of the names mentioned therein seem French.
Some of the responses to this post shows another reason why so many Americans hate the French so much; they feel that they are inferior in yet another way. My friend John is reading a terrible book; an expose' about how much the French supposedly hate the USA. It is really a stupid book. In 20+ trips to France I have never encountered any anti-USA sentiment. Here, I encounter anti-French sentiment all the time. The French government (Ministry of Culture) dislikes American...
Quote: I am slightly over the Frenhc average. And you? Do you fit the figures? I always thought I was 1/2 Austrian and 1/2 Belarus. I now suddenly realize that I must be of Korean ancestry.
Now at Polo at 72 and Madison I just bought two pairs of EGs; A Black Whittier captoe oxford with a type of U throat and a dark Oak Borden penny loafer with a split toe. They were $850 reduced to $499, with lovely trees (worth at least $100) included. Quite a bargain. It seems as if Polo may be getting rid of all its readymade EG's, but I did not directly ask. Most of Polo's shoes are against two walls (one display of sale shoes and one of regular priced ones). There is...
Quote: Are those sale price on the EGs at Polo?  If so, how does a sale like that go unnoticed?? dan Beats me. I put this on the regular SF a few days ago and no one commented: Polo at 72 and Madison- I bought two pairs of EGs; A Black Whittier captoe oxford with a type of U throat and a dark Oak Borden penny loafer with a split toe- they were $850 reduced to $499, with lovely trees (worth at least $100) included. Quite a bargain. It seems as if...
They were $637.50; exactly 25% off the $850 regular price. As the summer moves along, they will put up signs saying take an extra 25%, or 30% or 40% or 50% off, but I doubt that any EGs will be left at 40% or 50%. I also saw some in sizes 9-11 there; all Berkley-mostly black and a few brown. Polo, at 72nd streeet has more EG models, at $499, with great trees included.