or Connect

Posts by AntiHero84

I'd also like to state that I don't disagree with what you're saying either, jedwards. However, part of the reason I started looking into the 'boards and blogs was for a certain amount of authenticity. And I think we could even see that in some of the Pitti coverage from a few years ago. It's just refreshing to see behind the curtains of such a hyped up fashion event. I love the pro Pitti photos, but about as much as I love a really good lookbook. EFV's images help...
True. But then what is the point of street-style photographers? Perhaps, to sell this idea of authenticity, while essentially being an elaborate improv fashion shoot.
Don't get me wrong, I think the professional photography is great too, but it's nice to get a dose of reality. I feel it does two things: Helps show us plebes that things don't look so perfect when you see them in real life, allowing for some leniency when dressing ourselves. "Maybe I don't need to worry so much if I don't look exactly the way the Sartorialist photographed that Asian dude at Pitti." Let's us get a better view of how things fit in-real-life. Everything...
I haven't read the full thread (just page 1), so I'm not sure whether this has been said or not, but I really appreciate the amateur quality of these photos. I often find myself lost in the barrage of professional street style shots every Pitti, and I think it's easy to forget how flattering and perfect these images can be. When the pics are taken by someone with a basic point-and-shoot, SLR, or even a camera phone, I think it's easier to catch the flaws and the natural...
I'm sure you could spare a day (drop the little one off at Nana's?), and maybe take him on a shopping trip? The day would be all about him, you could get lunch/dinner together, and that way he could pick out something he really likes and you could pay for it? I'm sure as a new dad, he would really just like some time to himself, add in clothes shopping and his wife, it sounds like a perfect day to me. However, I guess this hinges on whether you live near a city or...
This is a solid suggestion. It sounds like your boyfriend has the ability to afford his own clothes and it's a general interest of his own, so let it be. Surprise him with a weekend trip away to focus on a hobby or interest. Does he ski or snowboard? Go for hikes? Fishing? Does he watch sports? -- take him to a game.It can be much nicer to have memories with loved ones rather than things. (Sometimes...)
Don't get me wrong, some of these guys dress pretty well (I'm sure they're even fellow SFers). But this will be an area to let us all feel just a little bit better about ourselves. I'll kick this off with "Mr. Chilvery."
Ummm, I have to admit they're really tempting.
You make a good argument.Yes, it's an option. But what I liked about the Uniqlo version is that they're finally cutting the jacket hems lower, so the actually cover part of my ass.It looks like my choice is made. Thanks for the input.
Seriously, someone talk me out of this before I buy it on my way home from work. Not sure if I can find something similar without spending ~$300-400.