or Connect

Posts by AntiHero84

That's a good point. It seems like way too many jackets are cropped too short these days. It would be great to have a more standard lenght -- i.e. where you fingers curl at the knuckle.
Yes! I've been looking for a good navy cotton sportcoat for-ev-er. Do we know what the price-point will be? (please be under $200...)
From what I saw on the Gustin community page, a hem-job would fix any issue with that busted seam. Weren't you going to do that anyway?
That wool herringbone for the CPO you posted would be awesome. Also, that green cotton herringbone chore jacket you did a while back would be pretty cool. Basically, any of the fabrics used for the chore jackets would be awesome.Can you share any teaser pics, or maybe just let us know what some of the work wear elements you'll be including? (I think I remember you mentioning this at one point...)
Where exactly was the busted seam? I just ordered the HAs too and would like to keep an eye on any of these imperfections. The quality looks great so far, but I want to make sure i'm not overlooking anything.
Fit looks great, swoop. Can I ask how you sized and whether you soaked or not?
The 45 almost looks like it has a pea coat-y type feel to the lapel, but maybe that's how it appears to me. I think you bring up an excellent point about something 'inspired' rather than a direct replica. I have a M65 replica and it's always seemed a bit off and I was never sure why. I'm sure it would be a world of difference it was slimmed down with one of the workshirt fabrics. Even some of the chore coat fabrics would be awesome.
I'd have to disagree. I think that version of the field jacket might be a bit too niche. I know M65s are super popular, but I've always been partial to the M51. The velcro closures on the M65 cuffs never sat right with me. Plus I imagine the zipped hood might be difficult to replicate. The M51 hits all the notes without seeming too costume-y.
Seconded...ededed.