or Connect

Posts by jefferyd

Thank you. I actually had Andrew Lock buy it for me at C21 just to chop it up- I had never seen it and had no idea of the button configuration. I had spent quite a bit on it so I figured I would put it back together again. Sadly, it no longer fits as I've gained about thirty pounds since that photo was taken.
I find it interesting that people can make the claim in this thread that bespoke automatically means perfection, while in another thread there are 209 pages of argument about pa-fucked shoulders in bespoke. And statements such as the following (not to mention previous "bespoke disasters" threads...)Cognitive dissonance, anyone?
You've got it backward. The neckpoint itself is being moved; when moving it toward the center line, it is being straightened, when moving away from the center line it is being crookened.
Thank you.Usually it's best to leave it alone- some tailors will do alterations at CB rather than at the side seams because it is easier, though not correct. In cases of prominent blades, swayback, very hollow waists, etc. it is an option.
Which is why I'm staying clear away from that other thread....
This is Tom Ford OTR with some alterations; it's not impossible to get a good fit without going bespoke. So if you like what you bought, have a decent tailor to adjust it, and you're not a terribly hard figure to fit, you really shouldn't feel terrible.
On a finished garment, you can reduce the waist at the side seams and sometimes center back. On MTM, you can reduce at center front, the dart, the front seam, side seams and center back. On athletic figures, most often we have to go up a size (or two) to fit the shoulders correctly but then the waist is far too big- a large amount of it will be at the overlap at center front, which can't be adjusted on a finished garment but it's easy to do on MTM, and the rest can be...
A tailor will only reduce the waist in one or two spots. In MTM the waist can be reduced in 5 places so the result can be better, especially for athletic figures.
You are about as likely to get these patterns as you are to get the recipe for Coke.
The vast majority use at least a little bit of fusible on certain parts of the garment. It is not considered a short-cut or inferior workmanship.That is a machine-padded lapel with a piece of fusible across it. Despite what you see here, the finishing in general was impeccable.Thank you. The surgeon seemed to think I should be completely recovered in six months but there has been absolutely no change. I am patient...Soon. Apparently there is a Solito headed this way.